Great songs heard on radio

I heard ‘Never Surrender’ on Wave FM (Wollongong) once but I’ve never heard it since, anywhere. Even ‘Sunglasses At Night’ is a stretch for many stations.

3 Likes

“It Ain’t Enough” would get even less airplay than both.

2 Likes

Ooh, I haven’t heard this on the radio for AGES!

Run Runaway - Slade

Now Playing on Triple M Greatest Hits Digital.

4 Likes

Pretty In Pink - Psychedelic Furs

Now playing on WSFM’s Saturday Night Party Remix.

2 Likes

Adam and the Ants, “Ant Music “(1981) Triple M Generation X today​:blush::+1:

4 Likes

iHeart Radio The 80s are playing some more Aretha Franklin today in memory of her passing.

They just played this one that I haven’t heard for ages

Who’s Zoomin’ Who (1985)

4 Likes

Blimey I had forgotten that song even existed! There’s a blast from the past.

3 Likes

I don’t hear this one on radio very often these days, so I thought it was worth a mention

Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin

Just played on Triple M Sydney.

4 Likes

Usually listen to Star 104.5 as I can usually pick it up from this part of Sydney.

Some of my favourites Murder on the Dance floor - Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Mercy - Duffy, How Far we’ve come - Matchbox Twenty.

They also had some Selena Gomez which i like her new track to go with 13 Reasons Why series 2 - Back To You as well as her older stuff - Kill em with Kindness, Hands to Myself, Slow Down etc.

Always And Ever - Southern Sons

Now Playing on Easy Hits Digital.

Forgot that this 1990 song ever existed.
I think it was the follow up single to “Heart In Danger”.

5 Likes

Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Now Playing on Triple M Sydney.

It’s been YEARS since I’ve heard them play Creedence!

1 Like

Only recently rediscovered CCR after hearing them played on US streaming stations and viewing some covers on YouTube. Can’t remember the last time I heard them played on Sydney radio. Downloaded some of their songs and those of some of their contemporaries to play in the car on long trips.

2 Likes

WS used to play plenty of Creedence, but they hardly play songs from them (if at all) these days. I think 2CH does play the occasional Creedence songs, albeit the more ‘softer’ ones.

Basically, you won’t hear much pre-80s music on most commercial FM stations in Australia these days, even in the two biggest cities, Sydney & Melbourne.

3 Likes

Triple M Brisbane play “Foutunate Son “ sometimes

3 Likes

I Don’t Really Wanna Fight- TINA TURNER

Smooth 95.3 just now. One of her better songs; I haven’t heard this one on commercial radio since 1993!

5 Likes

Yeah that’s a good one of Tina’s and doesn’t get played much at all.

On Smooth Brisbane today I heard Eyes Without A Face/Billy Idol. Not exactly a “great” song and also somewhat surprising on Smooth, but I certainly enjoyed it.

1 Like

According to Online Radio Box, it was also played on Smooth in Sydney & Melbourne. In the context of Sydney, it’s interesting that one would hear it on Smooth, but yet it hardly gets any airplay on WS. It’s a bit like how you would more likely to hear the occasional 60s track on either Smooth or Triple M rather than on WS/Gold.

2 Likes

Flying Lizards - Money via 2XL

2 Likes

Two unflogged gems on Cruise 1323 last night:
This Will Be - Natalie Cole
Nightshift - The Commodores

2 Likes

On Triple M today:
“Time Warp” Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast (original 70s version)
I’m old enough to remember the dance moves :blush:
“Welcome to the Boom Town “ David and David
great one hit wonder from the mid 80s😊

4 Likes