Great songs heard on radio

Very strange. I had no problem downloading it.

Triple M today(it’s Triple M week at work):
The Police,"Spirits in the Material World " :+1:1982,a song from them I hardly ever hear.
“Every Breath You Take” is flogged my most stations(except Nova or Hit)

2 Likes

One Vision by Queen today on Triple M Brisbane

3 Likes

Stray Cats,“Runaway Boys” Triple M Brisbane last Thursday :+1:

2GO (and presumably Triple M regionals) are doing an “Unflogged” weekend.
Some good ones I heard today which we don’t hear on the radio very often were:

Peter Gabriel - Big Time
Let’s Go - Wang Chung
I Try - Macy Gray
I Don’t Want A Lover - Texas
Dreams Of Ordinary Men - Dragon

…

And right now, over on WS in their 80s vs 90s Weekend, they are playing:

Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

2 Likes

At least for those that don’t take the NRL/AFL for the majority of the weekend, which is very few of them, including (apart from 2GO):

• Gold FM Gold Coast (except when they’re taking the Suns match this afternoon)
  • Triple M Central Queensland (except when they’re taking the Lions match tomorrow afternoon)
  • Triple M Mackay/Whitsundays
  • 4TO Townsville
  • Triple M Cairns
  • Triple M WA (Classic Hits) (except when they’re taking the Dockers match this evening & the Eagles match tomorrow afternoon)

There is no 3pm NRL game this afternoon, so there should be more stations going with music today at least.

1 Like

Words - Missing Persons on Triple M Brisbane tonight :+1:

3 Likes

Fascination - Human League

OMG!

Sounding better now on DAB+ than it ever did on 1323ZM back in '83.

3 Likes

Yeah they play a few of the rarer Human League on OMG. Also heard Temptation / Heaven 17 this morning. If I recall correctly Heaven 17 were a spin-off of Human League.

1 Like

Sunglasses At Night- COREY HART
Lost- BADLOVES
I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight- (the late) ROBERT PALMER+ UB40

WS FM, believe it or not. They are doing an “80s vs 90s” weekend.

4 Likes

Moonlighting - Leo Sayer. Right now on 4KQ

1 Like

Primitive Love Rites by Ross Wilson - heard at my work (instore radio)

1 Like

Never Say Never- ROMEO VOID (3RRR).

You’d never hear that on the Sydney equivalent, FBi. The 3RRR hipster crowd also had the guts to play the Bay City Rollers not long afterward!

4 Likes

Off topic, but I’ve generally considered 2SER as the 3RRR equivalent, whilst 3SYN would be the 2FBI equivalent ??

I’m not sure of the connection between Human League and Heaven 17 though I do remember they were both with the Virgin label…

I bought ‘Sunset Now’ as a single… twas a minor hit in Kiwiland.

1 Like

Yep - 2SER and 3RRR broadcast under ‘educational’ licenses; FBi & SYN holding ‘youth’ licenses.

From my limited listening, 2SER appears to have a level of talk content more than 3RRR, the latter of which provides somewhat of a middle ground between the talk-based 3CR and the ‘home of little heard music’ that is PBS FM.

Bringing this thread back on topic:
RADIOHEAD - Creep just played on the station above.

1 Like

I Want To Rock - Twisted Sister on 4MMM. Felt like I was playing GTA Vice City again :joy:

2 Likes

Wow, a Twisted Sister song other than “We’re Not Gonna Take It” on the Ms? Has the world gone topsy-turvy? Why, next thing you know, they’ll be playing something from Deep Purple that doesn’t start with Smoke and end in Water.

4 Likes