Great songs heard on radio

Well tonight we had “No Time For Games” by Midnight Oil on 4MMM

Gotta love the Cold 30!

1 Like

Add to that “I Won’t Let You Down” - PhD and “Precious to Me” - Phil Seymour. Brilliant work by 4MMM

1 Like

Two great songs that are on high rotation on my iPod

1 Like

People still use iPod’s? :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish I’d kept mine😕I use my iPhone in the car or at home

1 Like

I definitely still use my iPod. It’s smaller than my phone so when I head to the gym or go for a run it is perfect.

And I love this thread. When I hear of a song that I have not heard for ages I add it to the iPod.

Mind you NRN11 mentioned Phil Seymour’s Precious to Me. It is not on iTunes. Darn it.

2 Likes

Yeah I do the same thing. Always adding songs that people mention on here.

Oh and I’m with you. Who wants to lug around a giant phone at the gym or jogging. Plus I’m an Android boy so iPod is my only Apple device - and it drives me crazy enough! :slight_smile:

Fair enough.:slight_smile:

David Bowie’s Life on Mars on The Breeze this afternoon.

3 Likes

If it’s on Youtube, you can strip the audio off that clip to an MP3 file.

Won’t be as good quality as an iTunes track.

1 Like

I have 2 iPods that still work.

A 160GB iPad Classic and a 64GB iPod Touch.

Having said that, I use my phone more since I then only need to take one device with me.

But if I’m going on a plane, I’ll take an iPod with me.

1 Like

Breeze played the 7 minute Sirius + Eye in the Sky by Alan Parson Project during breakfast this morning.

4 Likes

Don’t you mean The Alan Parsons Project?

Ooops

That’s why I love the Breeze :slight_smile:

1 Like

Louise (We Get It Right)- JONA LEWIE

(KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Digital).

2 Likes

The one station that doesn’t stream online. I did listen to it a bit (along with Aussie & Classic Rock Radio) whilst in Melbourne back in March. Again, it’s another reason why the music radio choices in Melbourne trumps Sydney’s. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dreamtime / Darryl Hall today on 4KQ. That was a “wow” song for me. Haven’t heard it for years.

2 Likes

Awesome song- was it ever a hit in Australia? I have heard it on US radio programs, but never over the wireless in our fair land of wombats and roos.

I looked it up and according to Wiki it reached No. 28 in Australia in 1986 so it must have had some airplay. I do recall hearing it on the radio back then but not often that’s for sure. Must have been FM104 and possibly 4BK.