Great songs heard on radio

Hi Karen. Just download the Absolute Radio App. Mine is Android but guessing it should also work on iPhone. There’s the main Absolute Radio stream, but also Absolute stations playing 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and Classic Rock.

1 Like

Unfortunately for those that have an iPhone or iPad (like I do), the Absolute Radio app is not available on the iTunes App Store in Australia. :frowning:

Oh no! Hopefully it will be available soon.
The Android app is one of the best I’ve seen for a radio app. Very reliable and user-friendly.

That probably explains why I can’t listen to the Absolute stable via TuneIn: the streams are quarantined to their in-house app.

1 Like

Boys - if you have Apple, look for this app below in your itunes store - the Absolute stations work fine for me, no VPN needed

“UK Radios (Radio British FM) - Include Capital FM, Smooth Classic, KISS Heart, Absolute Radio”

3 Likes

Thanks Mark, just downloaded. Works a treat!

3 Likes

Coast FM Gosford are right now playing:

Tarzan Boy - Baltimora

A track I haven’t heard on the radio for over 30 years!

I have a big :smile: on my face right now

3 Likes

That’s of course part of their “Soundtrack of the 80s” that they do every Saturdays at 12-2pm.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere (maybe even on this thread in the past), SWR Triple 9 (99.9) in Western Sydney has their “Awesome 80s” program at 4-8pm Saturdays.

On which they are playing right now:

Call Me - Go West

Another long lost gem :grinning:

And another straight after that one

Life’s A Gamble - The Radiators

Pity SWR FM reception up here isn’t very good - I know I could listen online, but to me that isn’t quite the same.

2 Likes

The Pina Colada song in smooth in Sydney (and probably Melbourne) right now. I am in a cafe in Dulwich Hill and the 40 somethings next to me are singing along with the song. If they did not listen to smooth before - they might try it out now…

“If you like making love at midnight…”

2 Likes

Online Radio Box can confirm this to be the case.

1 Like

Sydney’s 95.3 - Smooth FM - Playing Melbourne’s smooth favourites.

1 Like

I prefer getting caught in the rain…

2 Likes

Me personally - I am not into yoga but I have half a brain.

It’s funny how he took out a personal ad in the paper. Nowadays he would have swiped right on Tinder. Mind you - they would never have met up with his wife at O’Malley’s as he would have recognised her breasts on the app before they met.

2 Likes

Good one.

A modern day, love story. Brings a tear to my eye.[quote=“Brianc68, post:803, topic:267, full:true”]
I prefer getting caught in the rain…
[/quote]
over this?

Well golly darn.

I could not download absolute radio app. It said not available in this country.

As Mark mentioned on his post, there’s an app called “UK Radios”, which allows you to stream all Absolute Radio stations (along with all other UK stations inc. the BBC) without geo-blocking restrictions.

2 Likes

Thank you I missed the post.

Shut Down Turn Off - LRB right now on 4KQ

And honourable mention to ‘The Sound’ in NZ for playing the whole of side 2 of Pink Floyd’s “Animals”. That was awesome to hear.

2 Likes