Great songs heard on radio

During a tribute on the ‘Greatest Hits in Music’ on the SCA Localworks stations on Tuesday night they played these rarely aired Eagles songs: The Last Resort, Wasted Time and Desperado.

Triple M have now started playing songs ‘off vinyl’. Some play thru’s from memory

Speak to me/Breathe/On The Run - Pink Floyd
New Kid In Town/Life In The Fast Lane - Eagles
So Far Away/Money For Nothing - Dire Straits

T’Pau,“Heart and Soul” The Breeze ,last Friday morning,one of those great rare 80s tracks :blush:

The radio edit of Parts I-VII of Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd on Triple M Brisbane this morning.

Funny you mention that Janet song, heard it this morning on 973…

Here’s one I haven’t heard on the radio for ages…

Lookin For Love - Johnny Diesel & The Injectors

Playing right now on Triple M Sydney

From my holiday in the Capital:

• Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America on My Generation (via 3SR FM Shepparton, and later Mix106.3 Canberra) - Sunday 24th
  • Fuel - Shimmer on The Greatest Years in Music (via Mix 106.3 Canberra) - Tuesday 26th
  • Faith No More - Epic on The Greatest Years in Music (via Mix 106.3 Canberra) - Wednesday 27th

And from this afternoon, The Cure - Boys Don’t Cry on the Awesome 80’s (via 105.7 The River Albury/Wodonga)

Us and Them by Pink Floyd on Triple M Brisbane today.

Show No Mercy - Mark Williams

Right now on Star 104.5

That Ain’t Bad - Ratcat

Right now on Triple M

1 Like

Burgeous Tagg,"I Don’t Mind At All " on the Breeze this week,a great one hit wonder from about 1988.(not sure if I spelt his name correctly)

close!

Bourgeois Tagg… It’s a group, not just a ‘he’.

Good song it is too…

1 Like

Thanks for that ,they were a one hit wonder

Running In The Family - Level 42

Right now on WSFM.

A rarely heard 80s Classic!!
I love this song…

Running in the Family? I must tune in to 101.7FM again. That is pure 80s and not heard very often. That is what makes radio great - the classics you had forgotten!

We should have never let the 80s end.

The 80s should have lasted longer than a decade.

The only times you’ll most likely hear forgotten 80s tunes on WS is during “80s Lunch” at 12-1pm Sundays-Fridays, as well as on Friday & Saturday nights, and of course when they do something like “80 Hours of the 80s” on long weekends (the next likely one would be either Easter long weekend in late March or Anzac Day long weekend in April).

Better yet, stream Gold 104.3 (WS’s sister station) from Melbourne on Friday nights, where they have “Totally 80s” from 7pm to 4am. Also, there’s “Pure 80s” on Mix 94.5 (owned by SCA) from Perth on Sunday nights from 6pm (9pm AEDT/8pm AEST).

TV-Expert - I am definitely going to try Melbourne’s Gold on a Friday night.

WSFM rarely surprises me with a song from the 80s. I drove from Sydney to the Gold Coast this summer and at some stage I heard The Time Bandits hit “Only Shooting Love”. It was the best 4 minutes of that day.

What station was that? I would think it would be 105.3 New FM in Newcastle, because that station played that song before (as mentioned on this thread in the old forum) as part of its 80s program that they have every morning. If it was a Sunday morning, then that could also be either 107.3 Max FM in Taree, FM104.7 in Grafton or 100.9 ZZZ in Lismore, which plays nothing but 80s at that time of day.

FYI, New FM, Max FM, FM104.7 & ZZZ are part of the same network, which is not SCA.

1 Like

Sorry I cannot remember what station it was as I was scanning and flipping between stations. It was not New FM though as I was much further up the coast than Newcastle.

1 Like

Yes I caught that one too on Friday night. Followed by Cher’s If I Could Turn Back Time. They do throw the odd unbashed in sometimes. The other week on the 80s lunch I heard Kids In The Kitchen - Current Stand

2 Likes

One Headlight - The Wallflowers

Right now on WAVE FM.