Great songs heard on radio

Freshmen - Verve Pipe

On Triple Ms “Rage Against The 90s”

One that deserves more airplay.

2 Likes

I Want Your Sex - George Michael

Right now on WSFM.

Another on I haven’t heard on commercial radio for a while - no doubt to do with his recent passing.

1 Like

Can’t Wait To See You / Eurogliders
Too Young For Promises /Koo De Tah
Both tonight on Stereo 10 (4TAB-TWO)

2 Likes

2DayFM at 9.30am this morning: S Club’s “S Club Party” from 1999.

And it resulted in a car fill with four adults (aged between 34 and 46) driving around Cronulla singing out the windows.

3 Likes

I used to love that song as a teenager back in the late 90"s, :grinning: it’s a great fun pop song to sing out loud to. Probably S Club 7’s second best song besides 2001’s “Don’t Stop Movin”.

1 Like

In the car a bit today with Aussie on. Some great songs (in amongst their ever present Silverchair and INXS collection):

Ever Lovin Man - The Loved Ones
Fall - Single Gun Theory
Sister - Icehouse (Flowers)
Hoochie Gucci Fiorucci Mama - Austrlian Crawl
Boy on the run - The Dingoes

1 Like

Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - U2

For me, one of their better songs after the mid 80s and one that isn’t an overflogged song.

Playing right now on Triple Ms “Rage Against the 90s”.

1 Like

Touch, Peel And Stand - Days Of The New

Just played on Triple M’s “Rage Against The 90s”.

A great song I haven’t heard on the radio for quite a while!

2 Likes

Ok this one is very left field and the song is even a bit before my time but I heard No Milk Today/Hermins Hermits this morning on 4KQ Digital at breakfast and it sounded great! I’ve always thought that song was really daggy but when I heard it this morning the melodies and chorus just sounded great and I’ve been humming it all day. It could be that it was the first time I’d heard that song in actual stereo!

1 Like

Now playing on Canberra’s MIX106.3 !!

I’ve always associated the song with Canberra for some strange reason. I think it may have entered my consciousness for the first time on 2CA some time in the 90s. That, and the fact that the Raiders were sponsored by Canberra Milk for many years.

Didn’t hear much of the Cold 30 tonight on 4MMM, but did catch them playing Deacon Blue’s ‘Real Gone Kid’. Forgot how good a little song that one was, haven’t heard it in ages

3 Likes

No Doubt’s ‘Hella Good’ played on the regional Hit Network last Thursday Morning, during the Old School 9@9.

2 Likes

Daughters Of The Northern Coast- AUSSIE CRAWL (KO FM). The one that Kurt Cobain borrowed from.

1 Like

And earlier from the same station:

“When Something Is Wrong With My Baby” Jimmy Barnes feat John Farnham

Interesting that KO is airing The Barbie whilst 2GO isn’t, at least for tonight.

This morning on Star 104.5 (around 9:45):

Clarence Clemons & Jackson Browne - You’re A Friend Of Mine

Haven’t heard that for ages!

2 Likes

A couple of times on OMG!:

Rock and Roll Girls - John Fogerty.

3 Likes

Great song!

A few of us were discussing that song on the “Songs Lost To Radio” thread only a couple of weeks ago, bemoaning how commercial radio hardly ever plays this gem of a song now.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard the title track Centerfield on Australian commercial radio? I quite like that one (although it’s George Dubya’s favourite).

Sadness by Enigma on The Breeze this morning.

2 Likes