Great songs heard on radio

I enjoy the occasional airing of Mike Oldfield & Maggie Reilly - Moonlight Shadow on WSFM (most recently during today’s 80s Lunch).

1 Like

Do you mean “Moonlight Shadow?”.

Great song!

1 Like

Heard on River 94.9 this week:
Terrence Trent Darby.“Sign Your Name” 1988
Wang Chung -“Lets Go” 1987
From their "Wayback 1000 " it’s a shame I haven’t all of them-this is the second week and they’re up to about 200 now.The full list is on their website

2 Likes

Caught in the middle of a hundred and five…

(not 101.7 :grinning:)

I Eat Cannibals- TOTAL COELO
Sugarfree- WA WA NEE
Cum On Feel The Noize- QUIET RIOT

All on 2ST around lunchtime. May have been part of a Twenty20 retro countdown.

3 Likes

Merrill Bainbridge,"Under the Water " 1995 ,The Breeze ,a great forgotten 90s track,what happened to her?

2 Likes

Good song!
In many ways, better than “Mouth”.

Just another one/two hit wonder I guess.

2 Likes

I remember hearing ‘Sugar Free’ on Rick Dees… surprisingly their only hit in the US (the yanks did not feel stimulated).

1 Like

They couldn’t make them love them either!

Interesting for me regarding Stimulation/Wa Wa Ne which I hear quite a bit on The 80s. But at the time that song was out I absolutely HATED it, I mean not just disliked it, I really couldn’t stand it. Fast forward almost 30 years and I find I really, really like it! Always turn it up now where I used to switch stations. It’s the only song I can think of that took me sooo long to completely change my mind about…

2 Likes

Hopping around on RadioApp while out walking this afternoon:
The Doors - “Riders On The Storm” on Classic Rock Radio. Last time I heard that was probably on Gold 104.3’s ‘Saturday Night Jukebox’ before the Pure Gold rebrand.

Led Zeppelin - “Kashmir” on Triple M Melbourne. Not sure when I last heard this, would’ve been on the Ms though. (Edit: yep)

The Offspring - “Spare Me The Details” on hit104.9 The Border. Last time I heard this was on Star Albury/Wagga (edit: or The River) when driving up to Canberra this time last year

1 Like

4KQ played some classics from '84 today.
Baby Wants to Rock/Mondo Rock
Girl in the mirror(ain’t the same as the girl on the wall)/???
Twist of fate/ONJ
And a few more too. Great year!

1 Like

That’s no doubt part of their “25 Years in 25 Days” that 4KQ is doing every January. :slight_smile:

Is it the Jane Clifton song “Girl On The Wall” you heard?

It’s also from 1984, great year for music! One of my favourite years too.

2 Likes

I have Optus mobile so I can stream iHeart for free - wish RadioApp had the same deal

featuring Chris Wilson on backing vocals and harmonica

Yep that’s it. Jane Clifton. She also played a role in Prisoner on TV in the 80s.

3 Likes

Song from War of the World’s, “Eve of the war” on 4KQ before noon. Sounded good in digital.

1 Like

Nice to see something other then Forever Autumn

1 Like

River 94.9 today:
Oingo Boingo-“Stay” 1986👍
Dragon-""Dreams of Ordinary Men "1986

5 Likes