Great songs heard on radio

I like Jack Johnson ,he had some great tunes in the late 00s

1 Like

One that’s more than 40 years old :smiley:

1 Like

Ricky Martin - Livin’ La Vida Loca on 94.1 Gold Coast. The station has a very wide playlist that can often surprise. Pity it couldn’t get itself a permanent licence and then on DAB.

3 Likes

Some good ones tonight thanks to some good autumn inland tropo!

Against The Wind - Bob Seger (on 2MCR 100.3 Campbelltown).

The following 2 heard on FM107.5 (2OCW) Orange
The Valley Road - Bruce Hornsby & The Range
Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat

4 Likes

Heard a short while ago

Pleased To Meet You - Aneiki

On 2VOX FM Wollongong

A great song I haven’t heard for a while.

5 Likes

See My Baby Jive by Wizzard on Gold London. Not played much in Australia. Even rarer is Angel Fingers.

1 Like

Yesterday, I listened to a remix on MMM that layered Metallica’s “Enter Sandman” over Huey Lewis and the News’ “Hip to Be Square.” It was surprisingly good.

2 Likes

I presume it’s this one by Bill McClintock?

He’s got some amazing mashup skills.

1 Like

yeah thats it. was really good

Just now on 2NUR Newcastle. Absolutely love this song!

3 Likes

smoothfm
From about 5:20pm:

• “Invisible Touch” by Genesis
  • “Walking on Broken Glass” by Annie Lennox
  • “A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton
3 Likes

This gets played a lot on smooth.

Remains one of the greatest one-hit wonders this century, IMO.

There is also “Wherever You Will Go” by The Calling, another great hit which entered the conscience of Australian music fans in 2002.

2 Likes

I didn’t know A Thousand Miles came out in 2002, it feels more recent.

It topped the ARIA Singles Chart in August that year. For some reason, I feel as though it’s been played more in this past decade than in the same period before it (i.e. between 2002-13).

I also think Joelle Hadjia performing the song on The X Factor in 2013 gave the song a new lease on life.

1 Like

Probably a measure of how time just seems to fly by!

4 Likes

Still gets a lot of airplay on FM radio in the US.

I remember when this song came out in '86 or so it seemed every station in town was flogging it for a time. You’d hear it on Radio 10, FM104, 4BK. One of those radio hits that seemed to cross multiple formats. Loved it at the time and when I hear it, it takes me back.

5 Likes

Still gets played a lot these days too.

2 Likes

Another two songs from Genesis that used to get played often were “That’s All” (from their 1983 “Shapes” album) and “No Son of Mine” (from We Can’t Dance), but at least I still get to hear “I Can’t Dance” on the radio from time to time.

2 Likes