Great songs heard on radio

Mareeba is 558, Port Douglas is the 1422 repeater.
Same station however.

(There’s Gonna Be A) Showdown - The Johnnys

Right now on WSFM.

Long time since I’ve heard that on the radio too!

A few more (using http://onlineradiobox.com/au/1017wsfm/playlist/?cs=au.1017wsfm)

LEVEL 42- Running In The Family
PHIL COLLINS- Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
MORRIS MINOR+ THE MAJORS- Stutter Rap
MI- SEX- Blue Day
WHAM- Wham Rap (guilty pleasure)
BLACK- Wonderful Life
BOOM CRASH OPERA- Onion Skin
BRUCE HORNSBY+ THE RANGE- The Valley Road :thumbsup:
ABC- When Smokey Sings
MONDO ROCK- Primitive Love Rites

2 Likes

Some. great songs there👍

Some more from this morning:

DAVID BOWIE- Cat People (Putting Out Fire)
WANG CHUNG- Let’s Go
ERIC CLAPTON- It’s In The Way That You Use It
CAPTAIN SENSIBLE- Wot
DEF LEPPARD- Hysteria
GOANNA- Razor’s Edge
THE MEMBERS- Radio
PAUL HARDCASTLE- 19 (12’’ mix)

2 Likes

if KCDX is commercial-free how do these guys make money? Unless it’s broadcasting from a bedroom studio operation.

Some of today’s highlights I’ve heard on WS as part of their “80 Hours of the 80s” over the NSW Labour Day long weekend:

“Fade To Grey” Visage
"I Keep Forgettin’ (We’re Not In Love)" Michael McDonald
"Controversy" Prince
"Hey Nineteen" Steely Dan
"Shattered Dreams" Johnny Hates Jazz
"Wrapped Around Your Finger" The Police
"Put Down That Weapon" Midnight Oil
"Rockit" Herbie Hancock
"Into The Night" Benny Mardones
"Skin Deep" The Stranglers

2 Likes

The story behind KCDX is here:

2 Likes

Don’t Stand So Close To Me, Driven To Tears and When The World Is Running Down You Make The Best Of What’s Still Around by The Police on Sydney Triple M this arvo. Awesome!

Loved Shona Laing. Her other hit was Drive which was an awesome song. Gee River 94.9 plays some great tunes.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip on KCDX and what’s the other one Radio Antenne? Triple M is dead to me.

BTW have to say this is my favourite thread of all time! It’s where I get all my ideas for iTunes downloads - thanks guys and girls.

Can’t believe it but I heard Had A Dream / Roger Hogson (ex Supertramp guy) today on OMG. Followed by Don’t Go / Pseudo Echo.

It’s actually Rock Antenne, which is based in Munich, Germany. They have a classic rock station called Classic Perlen, which you can see their playlist here: Song-Suche

As for KCDX, their playlist can be seen here: http://kcdx.com/

I don’t blame you. At least at around Brisbane, there’s always Rebel to compensate for the loss of Classic Rock Digital (and as a bonus, it’s on FM for many of those who don’t have DAB+ on their car radios), but as for anywhere else in Australia, there’s no other alternative on FM, AM or DAB+.

In fact, since the closure of Classic Rock Digital, Perth currently doesn’t have ANY rock stations on FM/AM/DAB+, especially since ARN had turned 96fm into a Mix 94.5 clone. :frowning:

Wow, that’s definitely one out of the box (Rodger Hodgson). And yes, the other classic rock station I listen to online is Rock Antenne Classic Perlen, as TV_E said above. Classic Perlen is AOR-skewed (think Journey, Styx, Boston, Sweet, etc.) and fairly upbeat. KCDX is a more adventurous version of MMM Classic Rock, though obviously skewed toward American bands. I think that Rodger Hodgson track gets played on both stations :slight_smile:.

I remember listening to KCDX online back in 2010 & discovered Rodger Hodgson’s album track “Hooked On a Problem” through that station, which came from the same album that “Had A Dream” appeared in.

Yeah, I’ve definitely heard it on KCDX. The playlist is basically a bunch of whole (or near-whole) albums from well-known and obscure classic rock bands alike.

1 Like

Quasimodo’s Dream, The Reels on The Breeze. Can’t remember the last time heard on radio.

2 Likes

Today from 'Wayback Wednesday ’ on River 94.9:
Boys Don’t Cry, "I Wanna Be a Cowboy " 1986
Go West, "Call Me " 1985
Starship,“Nothing’s Going to Stop Us Now” 1987 from the movie "Mannequin "
Duran Duran, “The Reflex” 1984
Taylor Dayne(not Swift)“Can’t Get enough of Your Love” 1993 her remake of the old Barry White 70s hit
Harry Chaplin, “Cats in the Cradle” 1973, the original and the best ,don’t like the remake from Ugly Kid Joe
The Jam, “Town Called Malice” 1983
Wet Wet Wet, Sweet Little Mystery " 1988
This is from what I can remember ,the full list of songs from today can be found on their website,I don’t know how to post the link

2 Likes

Here is the link

http://www.river949.com.au/way-back-latest

Some very good songs there!