Great songs heard on radio

Chris Isaak_ ,“Blue Hotel” on The Breeze this morning

3 Likes

Caught this one on Rebel this afternoon

Models - Local and/or General

Can’t say I can ever recall hearing this one on commercial radio, not any time in recent memory at least.

1 Like

I’m Only Shooting Love - Time Bandits

Right now on WSFM

5 Likes

Billy Joel, "Allentown " today on River 94.9

1 Like

MODELS- Big On Love. Heard on KCDX in Arizona of all places! This station is still broadcasting its mix of commercial free album rock out in the badlands. A great substitute for Classic Rock Digital, though the stream is a little jumpy.

4 Likes

River 94.9 today:
Shona Laing(whatever happened to her?)"Glad I’m not a Kennedy"
Painters and Dockers, "Nude School "
Both from 1987

2 Likes

More from River 94.9 today:
Mental as Anything, "Rock and Roll Music’ 1989,from the movie, "Young Einstein “
China Crisis, “Black Man Ray” 1985
Roxette, " Spending My Time” 1991
Earth Wind and Fire, "September " 1978
ELO, “Shine a Little Love” 1979

2 Likes

Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta (1997), Triple M Sydney & Brisbane during Merrick & Australia
The Tourists - I Only Want To Be With You (1979), Gold 104.3 Melbourne around 7:40pm

1 Like

Chris de Burgh - Don’t Pay The Ferryman (Gold FM)
Dio - Rainbow in the Dark (Rebel)
Scorpions - Wind of Change (River 949)

2 Likes

Also on River 94.9 yesterday "
Bruce ‘the Boss’ Springsteen, "Human Touch"
One from him I don’t hear very often
I’m so over hearing,“Born in the USA” or “Dancing in the Dark”.

1 Like

CHOCOLATE STARFISH- Mountain. South coast and Tablelands broadcasting, 102.9 MHz.

2 Likes

RICHARD CLAPTON- I Am An Island. Same station, Twenty20 retro countdown.

What station is that?
Where is it based?

That’s what the “ST” in 2ST stands for.

Thanks for that.
I thought it might have been 2ST you were talking about.
Interesting about the “Tablelands” bit though, since it’s referred to as “The Highlands” on air, so really it should be called 2SH!

The Southern Highlands is partially a marketing moniker; they are part of the Southern Tablelands geographically… but I digress.

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT- (The System Of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether. Rock Antenne Classic Perlen. (Another suitable substitute for MMM Classic Rock, 2014-2016).

It’s actually 2013-2016.

As Split Enz would say, that was my mistake. Three years is a long time for a DAB+ station to be fair! Somehow, I don’t think we’ll be congratulating the Ms for playing Supertramp’s “School” anytime soon.

1 Like

I am holidaying in Port Douglas and heard this Richard Clapton’s “I am an Island” on the 20/20 Retro countdown on 4CA yesterday at about 1.30pm. I may have been listening to AM radio but I was singing in stereo.

Great song “I needed you like oxygen…”

1 Like

AM at Port Douglas would be 4AM 1422 from Mareeba BTW