Great songs heard on radio

Just listened back through my work speakers at very high volume, that definitely sounds like All Through The Night - 99.9% sure

1 Like

Agree 100% it is All Through The Night after multiple listens .Both Aircheck and YouTube clips finish identically.

1 Like

Yes, I agree it is All Through The Night as well.

1 Like

Sweet Disposition / The Temper Trap right now on Breeze. A bit unexpected although Breeze is fantastic at keeping the playlist broad and interesting.

8 Likes

The Breeze plays ‘quality’ music and that track fits the bill.

4 Likes

Sounds like a Cyndi Lauper double shot. Thanks, guys. Appreciate your help :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Awesome song.
I have never heard this song played on Australia before. Well done Breeze :+1:

4 Likes

Another case of new music by older artists, BBC R2’s Album Of the Week is the NEW album by Peter Gabriel called “I/O”. They just played the title track and I liked it a lot, the chorus is classic Peter Gabriel and somehow reminds me of the mid-80s :slight_smile:

I bet we never hear this or any other new music from Peter Gabriel on Australian radio - except maybe for the Breeze! @AJ1

2 Likes

Peter Gabriel is one the most iconic artists from the 80s, his music will always be classics.

…

I heard this one on the Triple M regional (Newcastle) Awesome 80s Friday today that i haven’t heard on radio for a while

Don’t Forget Me When I’m Gone - Glass Tiger

Has that unmistakable 80s sound to it.

Yes, unmistakable Peter Gabriel. In rotation at Breeze. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Don’t forget me when I’m gone,
My heart would break

3 Likes

I just heard this song myself not long ago on BBC Radio 2,great song,it does have that 80s vibe :+1:

1 Like

Last night on Dave Gleeson’s show on Triple M they played this forgotten gem from the very late 90s

Weir - Killing Heidi

On the occasion that any Killing Heidi song gets played these days, it’s usually Mascara. Heavensent is another forgotten classic of theirs.

5 Likes

“Ain’t Nobody” by Chaka Khan/Rufus is another song I hear quite infrequently, on smoothfm.

The song has also been covered by Richard X/Liberty X in 2003, and Felix Jaehn/Jasmine Thompson in 2015.

2 Likes

Also covered by British singer Jaki Graham circa 1994.

3 Likes

I also heard the latest song from Simply Red on BBC Radio 2 last night,can’t remember the name of it it was a great song though. I bet no Australian radio network will play it ,only their overplayed older songs :confused:
Does any Australian network play Jessie Ware ,does anyone know,I like her latest ,also on BBC R 2

1 Like

“Better with You”? I also heard it recently but not for about a month.

1 Like

That was it

1 Like

The Nosebleed Section - Hilltop Hoods

Heard on Hit 104.7 this Thursday. Although this song was released in 2003 on their album “The Calling”, Wikipedia claims that the song didn’t chart until 2009, after said album was reissued. Was the song ever played on contemporary hit radio before that happened?

1 Like