Great songs heard on radio

Really like the Black Sorrows song, that used to get so much airplay back in the day.

1 Like

I was on the bus today and i heard Triple M play Baby I Don’t Care by Transvision Vamp.

3 Likes

Great song! “I Want Your Love”, their only other notable hit in Australia, is equally good too. Shame they only really had the 2 hits here.

2 Likes

‘Heart In Danger’ on 2CA this morning! And guess what was played on the Conga Line this week?

7 Likes

What did play on the Conga?

Answering a rhetorical question there :slight_smile:

And i fell into your trap.

In the last 24 hours, both on WSFM

Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
I Want Your Sex - George Michael

3 Likes

I have never liked this one, despite liking New Order. @tamago_otoko fervently disagrees.

1 Like

As do I… fervently disagreeing :slight_smile:

1 Like

A classic and I won’t be swayed otherwise :stuck_out_tongue:

Meanwhile, and I know it’s like shooting fish in a barrel naming great songs Rebel FM plays, but hearing Metallica - Fade to Black this morning just before 8am was again a highlight. Not only is this station not afraid to play pre-Black album Metallica (a rarity on commercial radio), but they do it during the primetime breakfast shift as well, not just buried well after dark. It’s such a gift that we in the sweatier of the eastern capitals get such a good rock music station on our doorstep.

4 Likes

Thankfully those in the sweater parts of the country (and yes, I’m wearing one now) can stream it!

3 Likes

Terri Gibbs “Somebody’s Knocking “ (1981)on the Breeze today :+1:
Just now:Katrina and the Waves, “Love,Shine a Light “ BBC Radio 2 on my internet radio at home.This was obviously not a hit in Australia,I’ve never heard this song before

4 Likes

Groove Armada - At the River ABC Radio Queensland (regional) this afternoon.

4 Likes

Heard Speak No Evil by Dragon on Triple M Melbourne this afternoon as part of Flock of 80s Friday.

5 Likes

And REM - Stand yesterday evening too.

3 Likes

I hear that one pretty often.

It’s a great song. It might have been a very minor hit here, but the song won Eurovision for the UK in 1997 - the last UK song to win Eurovision. I’ve got it on my ipod :smiley:

4 Likes

This quite possibly also belongs in the ‘Did They Really Just Play That’ thread…

Jingle Bells - Bing Crosby (1957)

I haven’t heard this song/version before, but I really enjoyed it.

Just played on WSFM.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Bing Crosby on any station before… ??

You can tell its Christmas when the stores and radio stations play the old crooners for one month only. All we need is some Dean Martin and Perry Como and things will get rolling. Way better than hearing Jimmy Barnes for the millionth time.

4 Likes