Great songs heard on radio

Absolutely loving Breeze at the moment. A couple of gems in the last 30 minutes:

Words / Missing Persons
Girl In The Mirror / Jane Clifton

Followed up by If You Come Back / Blue.

I often wonder how Breeze would rate if it was in the major metros. I reckon it would kill it.

6 Likes

Sheā€™s the One - The Cockroaches as requested by Michelle Rowland MP on SWR 99.9 this morning.

2 Likes

Man Of Colours / Icehouse on 99.7 Bridge FM. Such a mellow song from Icehouse but I love it. One of those songs that transports me back to the time.

5 Likes

I might start listening to The Breeze again as Iā€™ve already saved them in my presets

2 Likes

Your Love / The Outfield now on the Breeze. Great song that gets a LOT of airplay in the US, but is a rarity here.

4 Likes

Awesome song. Well done to 4BRZ.

3 Likes

On and On and On / ABBA followed by Oh Me Oh My / Tina Arena

Both favourites of mine.

3 Likes

Hearing two songs back to back that both start with the letter O and donā€™t have a single word with more than 3 letters would be rare too.

2 Likes

Minutes To Memories / John Cougar M. on Breeze.

Gee, I havenā€™t heard that one on the radio for 30+ years! FM104 played it as an album track but I canā€™t recall it on any other station since.

3 Likes

Quiet Riot- Cum On Feel The Noize on GN FM this afternoon. Guess what was played on the Conga Line this week? I might be deluded, but Iā€™m starting to think somebody at the station is listening.

4 Likes

Run For Home / Lindisfarne on Breeze. A bit of a rare one Iā€™ve only ever heard on BBC Radio 2 before. They played it following Miss This Tonight / Matt Moffat.

4 Likes

ON the way home frrom shopping, I listened to the song, Whole lotta shaking going on by Jerry Lee Lewis on ABC Perth.

Sizeable British hit, heard on Caroline as well. Might give it a spin on the breakfast show this week.

2 Likes

Iā€™m flagging this one not necessarily for musical excellence, but for its rarity.

In todays ā€œTotally 80sā€ hour, WSFM played Jan Hammerā€™s ā€œMiami Vice Themeā€.

I canā€™t remember the last time I heard this on the radio!

I think radio needs more WOW! moments like these.

8 Likes

YouTube: Miami Vice

It is evidence that even the safest commercial stations could play these songs if they wanted to, they just choose not to (most of the time). Which makes it all the more frustrating.

I think commercial radio needs to give the listener more credit. An 80-20 mix of the familiar vs rare would go down well, like a Choc Wedge from the 80s.

6 Likes

That one plays quite a bit on Rebel so does Metal Health (Bang Your Head) and Mama Weer All Crazee Now.

3 Likes

Going Going Gone - John Farnham
I Wonā€™t Hold You Back - Toto (heavily sampled by Roger Sanchez - If I Had Another Chance)

Koool digital

5 Likes

That John Farnham song is great, one that never really took off due to all the other singles released from Whispering Jack.

1 Like

My vague memory tells me it was the flip side to Your the voice single.

Agree a great song, I also loved Let me out.