Great songs heard on radio

Spent a fair bit of time in the car today, so caught a few interesting tracks on the Breeze 100.6/92.1 today:

The Whitlams - Blow Up The Pokies (was massive in its day but heard much less these days)
Pseudo Echo - Don’t Go
Time Bandits - Endless Road (a favourite of some around here I know)

And I’d need a whole thread for the weird/wacky songs Triple J have played in Day 1 of Requestival.

8 Likes

Ah, so that explains why I heard the Js play Britney Spears (Toxic * ) this morning…. thanks, I wondered that.

‘* This is NOT intended to be a track for an honourable mention in this thread, but I don’t mind it actually.

And you’re right…, I DO like that Time Bandits song, and the Pseudo Echo one too!

And here’s a couple I heard on 2NUR FM Newcastle this morning

Time (Clock Of The Heart) - Culture Club
Only When You Leave - Spandau Ballet

4 Likes

I think @tamago_otoko may have been referring to my shows as well :wink:

2 Likes

This is from day 2, but it’s just as chaotic. A jingle for a certain type of Stir Fry sauces.
https://twitter.com/triplejplays/status/1574540259987140608?t=xrDGUOpEqHZTmEsmV4S1vA&s=19

3 Likes

“Mama’s making Kan Tong, doesn’t take long, for the word to spread around…”

Maybe I should request this one:

Heard the Geelong Cats theme song yesterday, predictably. That was played last year, too.

Somehow that reminds me WSFM played the full song of the Mojo Singers “C’mon Aussie C’mon” (from the World Series Cricket promos of the late 70s) in one of their countdowns last week. That would sound good on the Js too.

I neglected to mention the other day when posting here that 94.1FM Gold Coast brought out this old Howard Jones number:

3 Likes

Great song!

I still remember hearing that one on FM104 whilst on the Gold Coast back in 1985 in a VK Holden Commodore rental when on a family holiday.

3 Likes

Yes FM104 played that one quite a bit.

2 Likes

House of Cards - James Reyne
Icehouse - Flowers

Both played on Triple M Melbourne this morning as part of Oztober.

4 Likes

Last week on ABC Perth they played Maneater by Hall & Oates. Such an underrated single.

3 Likes

I :100: agree. I love that song.

Yeah probably the first Hall and Oats song I heard and it’s been a real stayer.

Icehouse the song is brilliant, though overshadowed by the bigger singles from the same album. Wish it got played more.

2 Likes

It’s always cold inside the icehouse
Though the rivers never freeze

Perfectly describes a Canberra winter.

2 Likes

An hour ago, 92.9 FM (Triple M Perth) played The World I Know from Collective Soul. When they played this song, I had tears in my eyes. This song was still an underrated song.

8 Likes

Yes great song. To me that song is a quintessential 90s song.

2 Likes

Collective Soul had some great songs that you never hear anymore - “Where The River Flows”, “December” and “Run” are my faves of theirs.

5 Likes

Did you laugh at yourself while the tears rolled down?

Power of Love / Frankie Goes To Hollywood now on Breeze. That song is in my favourite 20 or 30 songs of all time.

3 Likes