Great songs heard on radio

Great one. Still gets quite a bit of airplay on UK radio.

Love the Breeze… and Rebel.

2 Likes

A few more from last night and this morning (now in Glen Innes)

Never Miss Your Water - Diesel (2TEN 98.7)
Brand New Friend - Lloyd Cole and The Commotions (Breeze 90.1)

This morning

Beats So Lonely - Charlie Sexton on Rebel 93.7 Tenterfield

6 Likes

Walking on sunshine - Katrina and the waves on Gold just now!

3 Likes

Once again, you have the wrong thread:

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/oh-no-not-that-song-again/

3 Likes

I’m 50/50 on this one! Sometimes it could be in either thread for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would rather hear ‘Do You Want Crying’ which is actually a great song.

1 Like

Agree, or even ‘That’s The Way’ which I think was an even smaller hit than ‘Do You Want Crying?’

1 Like

I’m a bit partial to their Eurovision winner ‘Love Shine a Light’. Call it a guilty pleasure.

A Billy Bob worthy double on Forever Classic just now (XLFM):

Dear Enemy- Computer One
Jane Clifton- Girl On The Wall

Edit: And now Geisha- Part Time Love Affair. Maybe the research department has landed on 88.9 one afternoon.

6 Likes

That’s during their 80s lunch hour that XLFM/GNFM/3GG air at 12-1pm weekdays.

3 Likes

Yes, they mentioned the 80s lunchbox or similar- but still unusual to hear so many good (and rarer) tracks in a row. They also played PHD- I Won’t Let You Down.

2 Likes

Computer One is a song I never tire of and it gets a lot of play on my ipod. Love Jane Clifton song too. Both take me back to a time I consider a real high point of Australian music.

3 Likes

Genesis- No Son Of Mine

Mix 106.3 early this morning. I can’t remember the last time I heard that on commercial radio; it was a common song to hear in the 90s. They did cut off the end though, shame.

5 Likes

Yeah it was very common on the airwaves in the 90s. Just the mention of it makes me think of B105 in particular.

3 Likes

Its probably been 20 years or more since they’ve played any Genesis song.

1 Like

I just heard That’s The Way / Katrina and the Waves on Breeze.

I think that was one of the “lost” Katrina and the Waves songs we were discussing on here a week or two ago? Great song.

They also payed Computer One / Dear Enemy a little while later.

Also just heard a new (?) song from Panic! At the Disco called “Don’t Let The Light Go Out” on BBC Radio 2. First time I’ve heard the song and instantly loved it. That doesn’t happen often these days.

BBC R2 also play the new Bananarama track called “Forever Young”. It’s not bad either.

5 Likes

ABC Local Radio channelling the Billy Bob spirit:

Painters & Dockers- Nude School

After a discussion on naturism.

2 Likes

Coles Radio also played this during the week.

2 Likes

Boom Crash Opera- The Best Thing

Mix 106.3. Bringing out some rarities lately.

5 Likes

An Innocent Man - Billy Joel
It’s So Easy - Linda Ronstadt

Played this morning on 2NUR FM. They do play some great tunes on that station that Triple M and Hit won’t play.

2 Likes