Gogglebox Australia

Honestly I’m sure this is what they’re probably planning on doing anyway, I didn’t read the TV Tonight article in a way which they’d consider running the Celebrity version at the same time.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

That is how it works in the UK. Hopefully it’s the same here instead of both versions airing at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah, having the Celebrity version around mid-year between regular seasons of Gogglebox wouldn’t be so bad.

But both versions running at the same time (which is what you’d expect the “both versions will run concurrently to keep production costs down” stuff to mean) sounds horrendous, especially if they plan on reviewing all the same shows.

Just catching up on something on 10 play, and an ad played for Googlebox which said Thursday night in the voiceover but the end board said 9:10 tonight (correct start time for tomorrow’s show) so a bit of a mix-up there.

Foxtel confirmed this afternoon that Celebrity Gogglebox Australia would premiere in 2022, along with the return of the regular version.

Let’s Celebrate! Celebrity Gogglebox Australia is coming to your TV

Gogglebox Australia fans get ready! FOXTEL announce a new star-studded version of the show…

It’s official! Gogglebox Australia is returning to our screens in early 2022 for an amazing 15th season.

Australia’s favourite amateur TV critics will once again be watching the best (and worst) of the week’s TV and giving their opinion.

And, to celebrate the triumphant return of the show, we’re delighted to announce that Celebrity Gogglebox Australia will also be coming to your TV for a star-studded special.

We’ll be revealing the famous faces who will be joining the show very soon, but we’ve been inundated with celebs who are keen to sign up and give their opinions on Australian TV.

Over in the UK celebrities who have joined the star-studded version of the show include Little Mix and Jessie J. In the USA, the show has attracted celebs like The Osbournes and singer Meghan Trainor.

Celebrity Gogglebox Australia will follow exactly the same format as Gogglebox Australia with some of the biggest stars in Australia joining their famous friends or family to review what’s on television.

It will provide the perfect introduction to Season 15 and the return of the families we’ve come to know and love.

Suggests it may run first in 2022.

1 Like

Australian drama Spreadsheet featured on tonight’s show - and to good reviews.

1 Like
1 Like

Excellent news but an obvious backflip.

I’m not so sure, probably just correcting incorrect reporting which led people to assume it’s an entire series.

Oh yeah, maybe. It certainly did seem like a series based on reporting.

Another lesson in waiting for offical announcements as opposed to gossip!

1 Like

Agree.

A lot of speculation for this special before it was even officially announced.

1 Like

If Celebrity Gogglebox is only going to be a one-off special rather than a full series, then it’s probably for the best.

Hard to see Foxtel/Ten personalities + other C/D grade stars (let’s be honest, this is the calibre of “celebrity” we can expect) reviewing TV being a concept which can sustain itself for a full 10 or so episode series.

See the media release above

I would’ve liked to have seen maybe 3-4 episodes. The UK Celebrity version is actually really good and they pulled some pretty big names too. The episodes that I saw had people like Jessie J, Little Mix and Kelly Osbourne. It is not like other celebrity shows where they are put into a game or into forced environment. I find it very interesting seeing known names in their homes, on their couches and commenting on the same sorts of things that we are watching.

1 Like

Ed Kavalee revealed during tonight’s Have You Been Paying Attention? that he was asked by Gogglebox producers if he was interested in appearing in the celebrity special next year. He declined the offer.

1 Like

In a rare move, Gogglebox will for the first time screen on Wednesday night next week just minutes after finishing on Lifestyle so 10 can air the Socceroos on the main channel on Thursday night.

1 Like

It’s as if the networks are sabotaging local drama so they have an excuse not to produce it. First they delay Lie With Me and now they can’t air it in a consistent time slot. It’s four episodes long FFS. It can’t be that hard to leave a show in one slot for four weeks.

2 Likes

They probably should have left it until HYBPA?, Cheap Seats and Gogglebox ends soon and did the same as the Uk and aired it as a multi night drama Mon-Thur.

2 Likes