Gogglebox Australia

Exactly. Imagine how much more of a challenge it would be for Yanks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So how many families actually all sit down and watch FTA tv together like they do on Gogglebox?

Interesting Gogglebox competition.

They watched MAFS again this week (in the US) and it was Mikey’s story again. I wonder if he’s getting some extra cash for agreeing for it to be used? I really want them to see Hayley’s blow up and the girls night.

Gogglebox Australia - Season 12

Gogglebox Australia Is Back.

From 10

Thursday 27 August At 8.30pm.

The four-time TV WEEK Logie award winning show Gogglebox Australia will return to our screens on Foxtel’s LifeStyle Channel on Wednesday, August 26 at 7.30pm and the following day, Thursday August 27 at 8.30pm on 10.

The 12th series sees Australia’s favourite households back on the couch and ready to sink their teeth into their favourite TV snacks and the best and worst of 2020’s newest television programs.

Happily married couple, now grandparents Lee and Keith, Greek best friends Anastasia and Faye, close-knit but fight over the remote family The Daltons, the three generations of women in the Silbery Family and the fun loving, cricket mad Delpechitra family who are all ready to get acquainted with the latest our television screens have to offer.

Also ready to return to their lounges with their dry and delightfully honest opinions are Indigenous Art dealers Mick and Di, new parents Matty and Sarah Marie and “uncle” Jad, brother and sister foodies Tim and Leanne, flatmates and best mates Milo and Nic, modern day Aussie gals who love to share a laugh Kaday and Chantel and the Sydney clan of five, the Elias family.

From Foxtel

Wednesday, August 26 at 7.30pm on LifeStyle

The four-time TV WEEK Logie award winning show Gogglebox Australia will return to our screens on Foxtel’s LifeStyle Channel on Wednesday, August 26 at 7.30pm and the following day, Thursday August 27 at 8.30pm on 10.

Group General Manager of LifeStyle Wendy Moore said: “The last season of Gogglebox hit our screens just as we were all forced into lockdown and sharing this strange experience with our favourite families as we watched the world change day by day was a really powerful experience, loved by more people than ever before. It’s like a balm that instantly connects you to the rest of humanity, and I know the Lifestyle audience is hungry for another season to start.”

4 Likes

Not these two again

2 Likes

They’re in the cast. They’re only recent additions. Why wouldn’t they be there?

1 Like

Recent editions or not, they provide absolutely nothing to the program. Doesn’t help when they try too hard to be funny.

2 Likes

Well that’s down to the producers to pick the right moments to include in the show.

Surely I can’t be the only one who thinks that with Melbourne currently under lockdown, the producers should’ve thought about trying more Queensland-based households (especially since there’s less restrictions in the Sunshine State than Victoria or even NSW at the moment) in their place during this upcoming season? Sure this would mean temporarily missing some fan favourites, but I’d vastly prefer them to prioritise their health over appearing on TV!

Aside from that observation, hopefully there’ll be a bit more variety in terms of the programs reviewed although it seems likely that The Block and The Bachelor/ette will make it on there most weeks.

3 Likes

We’ll probably see Wentworth, Emergency and The Farmer Wants A Wife (root) to name a few as those shows will be airing in the new season.

1 Like

Isabella Silbery has revealed she is engaged after a five month romance with Alex Richards.

Sort of a promo

2 Likes

Australia’s Favourite Couch Critics Are Back.

Gogglebox Australia Returns Thursday, 27 August At 8.30pm.

​

1. While it’s been a grim time for our social lives, it’s been an excellent time to catch up on some telly.

So if you’ve burnt through your watch list and are looking for what to binge next, fear not. Gogglebox Australia returns to our screens on Foxtel’s LifeStyle Channel next Wednesday, August 26 at 7.30pm and the following day, Thursday, August 27 at 8.30pm on 10, dissecting what’s hot on the box and what you’re better off skipping.

Be it the news, a documentary, reality TV, or cheering on their favourite sporting teams, our Goggleboxers including Melbourne’s brother-sister duo Tim and Leanne, GC roommates Nic and Milo and Sydney’s Ellias Family and more, are ready to dish their candid critiques and hilarious commentary.

Change into something comfy, grab your favourite snacks and settle in to watch everyone’s favourite show!

Gogglebox Australia is an Endemol Shine Australia production for Foxtel and Network 10.

1 Like

GOGGLEBOX AUSTRALIA RETURNS

Hump day has never felt so good with the return of Gogglebox Australia to our screens tonight on Foxtel’s LifeStyle channel at 7.30pm (AEST) and Thursday at 8.40pm on Ten.

The four-time TV WEEK Logie award winning show, now in its’ twelfth season, sees Australia’s favourite households back on the couch. Speaking of couches, one household actually shows off their fancy new couch, while another Goggleboxer reveals their brand-new tattoo. And there are some even bigger surprises since we last watched our Goggleboxers watching television: Isabelle Silbery got engaged, someone has a new boyfriend and there is some very special news for Di; who was honoured with an OAM for services to the visual arts.

Returning households include happily married couple Lee and Keith ; Greek best friends Anastasia and Faye ; close-knit but fight-over-the-remote family The Daltons ; cricket mad Delpechitra family ; Indigenous Art dealers Mick and Di ; new parents Matty, Sarah Marie and bub Malik and “uncle” Jad ; brother and sister foodies Tim and Leanne ; flatmates and best mates Milo and Nic ; modern day Aussie gals Kaday and Chantel and the Sydney clan of five, the Elias family and the Silbery women Kerry and Isabelle , while Emmie will be staying safe in isolation and watching her favourite programs from afar.

Tune in tonight as all the households get ready to become acquainted with the latest our television screens have to offer including The Bachelor, The Block, The Masked Singer and Farmer Wants A Wife , to name a few.

When it comes to The Bachelor, while most of the Goggleboxers are ready to sink their teeth into the new series, others are on the fence.

“So glad it’s back,” says Isabelle.

Di feels she must talk herself into it: “Don’t be negative Di, try to be positive,” she says.

While Kate Dalton sums it up: “This is bats**t crazy”. However, still thinks Locky is “Nice crumpet, let’s face it.”

The Googleboxers also settle in for another series of The Block, set in the exclusive Melbourne bayside suburb of Brighton. This has all the Melbourne Goggleboxers saying ‘Briiiighton’ – a suburb that affluent can afford a few more vowels.

Anastasia almost jumps off her recliner when she discovers one of the teams from The Block is Greek, with Faye exclaiming: “We probably know them!” while Anastasia hopes “…the Greeks don’t make a fool of us”.

Other households are a little more perplexed with the dancing introduction of The Block judges.

“What the hell is going on? I know I am going crazy in lockdown, but I feel like am seeing weird s**t,” Isabelle says. “What’s happening?” adds Lee. “What are they doing” says Kerry.

Farmer Wants a Wife is yet another dating show watched by the Goggleboxers, with Leanne referring to it as “farmyard Bachelor” and Matty adding: “Bush MAFS!”

Keith says it best when he surmises: “They have had floods droughts, fires and now they want to get married- wouldn’t you think they have had enough trouble?”

Gogglebox Australia is an Endemol Shine Australia production for Foxtel and Network 10.

Ever thought you would make the perfect addition to Gogglebox Australia? Now you can be part of the series by downloading your favourite household’s couch and pretend you’re a Goggleboxer too! https://www.lifestyle.com.au/tv/gogglebox-australia-zoom-backgrounds.aspx

1 Like

Really looking forward to this. During this lockdown I’ve been watching some epis from other versions on Foxtel catch up (UK, UK Celebrity) and also the US Celeb version. This show is very relatable during a lockdown as watching TV does consume a lot of the day so having the Aussie version back is even better.

3 Likes

As Foxtel’s press release above says, Emmie Silbery is taking a break from season 12.

2 Likes

Great to have it back this week. Mixed bag which was good to see. A lot of laughs especially during The Bachelor, Farmer and the last segment. Hopefully next week we’ll see more different programs reviewed.

4 Likes

From a timing perspective, it was impressive that the producers of Gogglebox managed to get a review of Tuesday night’s Sophie Delezio episode of Anh’s Brush With Fame into this week’s return episode!

Actually would’ve had that as my obscure Gogglebox review prediction for 2020 (Gotta have at least one a year! :wink:), but wasn’t sure if the timing would’ve allowed for it to be included in the season return.

3 Likes

Second season featuring the new recruits and they still offer very little. The family with the obnoxious kids are a waste of a couch.

Hopefully Gogglebox mixes things up a bit this season and feature less reality tv. However, after having Masked Singer, Ninja Warrior, The Bachelor, The Block, Farmer Wants Wife, all in one episode, I’m not holding my breath.

4 Likes