Gogglebox Australia

Agree I don’t know what it is but they don’t work. Whereas at least all the other new couples brought something. The casting seems week with these new families.

Reckon they might leave or be replaced after a few seasons?

Personally, it wouldn’t overly surprise me if Milo and Nic, Kaday and Chantel and the Elias family eventually come into their own when more of the originals leave - I guess in a similar way to how The Delpechitra’s really started to click when the likes of Angie & Yvie + Adam & Symon moved on from their couches to broader media horizons.

Same. I’m finding that the best way to watch Gogglebox these days (as I have for a few seasons now) is to record it and fast forward through the commercial network reality show reviews!

Not sure about everyone else, but I reckon Gogglebox is at its very best with reviews of obscure gems from the public broadcasters, Pay TV or the streaming services. Many of these shows often don’t get the ratings they deserve, so any mainstream exposure which may potentially get viewers seeing the full uncut version can’t be a bad thing.

2 Likes
2 Likes

They need to feature more Netflix and streaming, because that’s what people are actually watching.

4 Likes

Not in the interests of Foxtel and 10, who run the show.

GOGGLEBOX AUSTRALIA

Returns in 2021

Foxtel announces the return of Gogglebox Australia in 2021.

Currently on air Wednesdays at 7.30pm on LifeStyle , Australia’s favourite households will find their position on the couch once again in 2021, as Gogglebox Australia, the four-time TV WEEK Logie award winning show returns to our screens for its thirteenth season.

Our beloved households will be back and ready to sink their teeth into the best and worst of 2021’s newest television programs; happily married couple, now grandparents Lee and Keith, Greek best friends Anastasia and Faye , close-knit but fight-over-the-remote family The Daltons , the three generations of women in the Silbery Family and the fun loving, cricket mad Delpechitra family who are all ready to get acquainted with the latest our television screens have to offer.

Also ready to return to their lounges with their dry and delightfully honest opinions are Indigenous Art dealers Mick and Di ; new parents Matty and Sarah Marie and “uncle” Jad ; brother and sister foodies Tim and Leanne ; flatmates and best mates Milo and Nic ; modern day Aussie gals who love to share a laugh Kaday and Chantel and the Sydney clan of five, the Elias family .

Group General Manager of LifeStyle Wendy Moore said: “The Gogglebox families have been such a welcome comfort blanket for the Foxtel viewers in 2020, we have all fallen in love with them even more and we are all very excited to see them once again return to our screens.”

Gogglebox Australia airs Wednesdays at 7.30pm on Foxtel’s LifeStyle channel and viewers this season have so far enjoyed watching our Gogglebox households tuning into everything from Antiques Roadshow to The Bachelorette.

Gogglebox Australia is an Endemol Shine Australia production for Foxtel and Network 10.

3 Likes

So many laugh out loud moments tonight and have been really enjoying it over the last few weeks. All the households have ramped up their contributions and the show is put together so well. Just highlights how much better the Australian version is compared to the woeful American version we saw earlier this year.

3 Likes

Yeah except for the new family I think the two boys and two girls have settled in nicely and get some screen time. Chantelle always comes out with funny lines and it makes it even better cause she sounds like a trucker.

3 Likes

Chantelle is now up there with my faves! The boys are great value as well. The family remain the weakest of all the groups

1 Like

I am not a huge fan of the boys but I can see why people would like them.

The boys feel like they have been on the show forever. They just fit in so perfectly. I wasn’t a huge fan of the two newer girls previously but they have definitely been more entertaining this season. The newer family could easily go.

3 Likes

The boys seem like a carbon copy of the 2 guys they replaced.

3 Likes

Matty, Sarah Marie and Jad appeared at the third and final 2020 Foxtel Media Showcase event yesterday.

It’s a shame that the season finale is this week, it will have been great to hear what the Goggleboxers say about the finales of The Block, The Bachelorette, SAS and Junior MasterChef. If there are two seasons next year, the second one needs to finish at the last week of November to coincide with the end of official ratings.

When do you think they will start rolling out the celeb one?

After the less than impressive ratings for Celebrity Gogglebox US, hopefully never.

1 Like

With a night AFL Grand Final, the coverage on Gogglebox looked much more authentic this year with the 'boxers appearing to watch the match live. The NRL final is also featured.

2 Likes

Valid point there. Why didn’t the Goggleboxers review the British dramas which currently air on ABC on Saturday nights, for example?
Next year the producers need to arrange a bigger variety of shows to be included. Maybe a couple of new dramas from Amazon Prime or Acorn TV?

Because they’re boring?

It’s not really in the interests of Foxtel and 10 to do that.

1 Like

They watched a lot of Netflix stuff this week. Even Borat! I kinda didn’t want to watch that part cause I haven’t even seen it yet.