Gogglebox Australia

Celebrity Gogglebox UK is so much better.

2 Likes

It’s just so awful. I gave it a second chance this week but that was enough. It doesn’t deserve a prime time slot.

1 Like

it’s fine

1 Like

No it’s not!

1 Like

It’s rubbish.

1 Like

one mans rubbish is another mans viewing material.

1 Like

You can keep it to yourself.

I watch all of them. Gogglebox UK and Celeb UK, NZ, and yeah the American one (before its edited for Aus viewers) is just an American version. I don’t know if I could handle watching random Americans watching TV but I recognize some of these people. They haven’t got much to watch and what they do watch is more variety then we get here in Australia. They never watch anything but free to air TV with the occasional Foxtel repeat.

I don’t know. To me their reactions are so over the top and cringy. Also their selection of things they have reacted to so far hasn’t been great.

I didn’t enjoy the second episode. We need Rob Lowe and sons back I think.

It was a bit odd that they were watching Australian MAFS last night. I feel like Ten possibly had some involvement there or it could have been added in for Australian audiences? I note the voice over is Aussie too (probably just for our version). This must have only aired in the US a few weeks ago given they covered BLM.

2 Likes

Yes - the voiceover (and name of the show) is just for Australian audiences. That episode was shown at the beginning of June in the US.

2 Likes

I was surprised they showed such a tame clip considering the craziness of last season, I’m hoping they will show them more but they haven’t yet.

The UK use the same name - https://www.channel4.com/programmes/celebrity-gogglebox-usa

Its strangely the US that has decided not to use the Gogglebox name

2 Likes

Even their no-celebrity version that ran for four season had a different name The People’s Couch

And what a boring name that is. Why wouldn’t they use Gogglebox? It’s original and so much better.

Too confusing for Americans. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Although it has to be said that the name Gogglebox was also confusing for Australians when our local version was first announced - who could forget how some people thought the show was Googlebox?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: