Gogglebox Australia

Are you applying @JohnsonTV?

1 Like

Absolutely not :stuck_out_tongue:

:cry:

I reckon that more people will see Seven’s reality shows on Gogglebox this week than watched them on Seven.

3 Likes

Gogglebox Is Casting

Gogglebox Australia has put out a casting call for armchair critics in Sydney, Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Melbourne - and they want to hear from you.

If you think your family has the same kind of banter as the Daltons, if you and your mate are as hilarious as Anastasia and Faye, or if you have a scene-stealing dog like Bane, then you should probably submit an application so the rest of us can LOL at your amusing takes on Australian television.

Gogglebox Australia is looking for a variety of households of different ages, backgrounds and makeup. All you have to do is fill out a form about a few of your likes, dislikes, hopes and dreams, darkest secrets, then supply a few photos of your family, or friends, and the spot where you all decompress in front of the small screen.

You will also need to upload a video – two to four minutes long – of your household, so producers can get a feel for your particular kind of vibe.

In March casting was also open to the same areas, but potentials then were asked to upload “2 pictures of your household including the exact spot where you all like to watch TV”. The 2-4 minute video has been added.

They should try and poach the Fren family from Travel Guides. Do you think that show will go on forever? Would nine start a bidding war for them?

1 Like

“The boys” at the Cup this morning

Isabelle and Emily Silbery were at 10’s marquee on Oaks Day.

More Goggleboxers turned up at 10’s marquee today for Stakes Day.

1 Like

Sarah Marie gave birth to a boy named Malik yesterday.

1 Like

“Wanna be the next Adam and Symon?” - possibly an indication (along with the fact they were part of Ten’s Melbourne Cup coverage) they won’t be on Gogglebox next year?

@Sully, please tell me you’re applying. We can’t have you containing your Commentary to MediaSpy

6 Likes

I’d like to think that many of my opinions about Australian TV are of interest to enthusiasts and potentially some within the industry, but this televisual reviewing style is probably far too obscure and full of in-jokes for a mainstream audience to truly understand.

While I certainly think there are people out there who’d make absolutely brilliant Goggleboxers, this viewer will pass for now. Perhaps a special version featuring Australia’s top media enthusiasts would be something worth applying for, but I’ve probably even got a better chance of becoming a Sydney TV news fluff/puff piece correspondent in 20 years time (another highly unrealistic dream, for both the role and potentially even the thought that any bulletins will still be around in 2039/2040) than that ever happening! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wasn’t Bort directing that at Sully?

1 Like

yes he was acctually i dont know how @SydneyCityTV thought he was sully lol

Confirmation that Adam and Symon have left the show.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/gossip-queen-serial-watchers-bid-goodbye-to-the-box/news-story/68484be270786e8723c331a4fccfb767

One last group photo with Adam and Symon before they leave the show.

Oh so they’re going into the jungle? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like