Gogglebox Australia

I cant get over Giles and his wife Mary on the UK version. They have to be actors, some of the stuff they come out with.

2 Likes

The sibling box is already ticked with Tim and Leanne. IMO they bring very little to the couch.

1 Like

For some reason I didn’t think they were related. I thought they were just friends.

While several barriers have been broken with the casting of Gogglebox, there are still groups of Australians waiting to see people like them regularly represented on television (or the media in general) in a positive way so it’d be great if the producers too that into consideration when finding potential participants for next year.

They also tick a couple of boxes for diversity (which I can’t stress enough, is a good thing) so I can see Tim & Leanne remaining on Gogglebox for as long as they want to be there.

Personally I think they’re OK, although they don’t seem to show much of their personality on-screen.

By contrast, the Daltons from Melbourne: Just how many of their contributions are genuine rather than played up for the cameras? Because geez, there’s been some particularly dumb comments on the show from Matt and Holly…

1 Like

Like the Delpechitra family ?

It’s a bit different when the parents are present and one sibling is a bit younger and the butt of the others jokes. That poor kid must put up with a lot of shit at school after every episode airs.

We got a nice explanation as to why we seldom hear Ethan speak on last weeks show- dominated by brother and sister and told to shut up when attempting to offer an opinion. I see that dynamic replicated in my own family.

2 Likes

I think someone is accidentally tweeting from the MasterChef account with Gogglebox content:

Somebody brought their kid to work during school holidays and let them loose on the Twitter. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Why even review the AFL Grand Final from 7’s broadcast.
It’s clearly pitch black outside.

I’ve said it before, the Goggleboxers should be watching the AFL GF live.

Faye was at the game as seen on her Instagram post

1 Like

A subtle highlight of tonight’s ep won’t be missed by Media Spy members as narrator Jo Van Es gets to narrate herself and even gets a compliment from ‘the boys’.

4 Likes

Are the episodes allowed to be on Daily Motion? Not breaking copyright?

Technically all shows on Daily motion are illegal.

2 Likes

The Goggleboxers saw the same episode of Gruen which was out of sync and there were several complaints.

I just saw the entire episode and didn’t see this bit.

1 Like

They are watching Gruen and an advert for the Woolworths collectible Discovery Garden is shown voiced by Jo. Adam say “It’s a good voice over”.

1 Like

I should have known this. Jo voices many commercials but some Goggleboxers may not even recognise her.

1 Like

So season 10 finishes next Thursday, October 17, just in time to review the first episode of The Bachelorette featuring Angie Kent.

It was a great moment. I always get her and the Seven one mixed up, to me they sound the same or at least similar.
One of them is ANZ bank’s V/O too. One of them also just did the Coca-Cola 100% recycled plastic ad.

I know Jo is also an ABC V/O for some years now. And as of a couple of years ago Woolworths V/O.

(Speaking of V/O, anyone know who does the Coles ones, for about 9 or 10 years now since “Down Down” started, same time as Curtis Stone became ambassador and MasterChef started)? I know it’s not the Spotlight, Chemist Warehouse, etc one (but again they sound similar)

At the end of tonight’s episode there was a call out (with voiceover by Jo Van Es) for people to apply to appear on next season of Gogglebox, reflecting comments by Foxtel Executive Director of TV Brian Walsh to TV Tonight late last month. If you are interested, go to this website for application details.