Gogglebox Australia

The voting for the Logies only closed at 7.30pm last night. With popular categories any video responses or thankyou’s from people that weren’t there would have been done not knowing whether they won or not at the time of filming.

Yvie Jones is moving down to Melbourne fill in for Fifi Box on radio:
https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/gogglebox-star-yvie-jones-emotional-farewell-041526314.html

1 Like

FYI - This was announced weeks ago and discussed over in the Hit Network thread.

the UK are now doing a celeb Gogglebox during their off season. Do you think Australia should follow suit or will it ruin the brand? Who would they get?

2 Likes

Didn’t realise, apologies.

1 Like

Returns to Lifestyle on August 14 and likely 10 on August 15.

1 Like

With the return of Gogglebox still another four weeks away, you’d think they would most likely announce the arrival of new additions (and possibly more departures as well?) closer to airtime?

Fingers crossed for at least one new South East Queensland based group to add a little spice and break up the general Sydney/Melbourne-centricness of the program!

If it’s another 11 week season like the last one was, that will probably result in the final episode airing on October 23/24?

Gogglebox Australia Returns.

Season 10 Premieres Thursday, 15 August At 8.30pm On 10 And WIN Network / Foxtel’s Lifestyle Channel Wednesday, 14 August At 7.30pm.

After being crowned the Most Popular Entertainment program at the 61st TV Week Logie Awards , the four-time Logie award winning must-watch series Gogglebox Australia will return first on Foxtel’s Lifestyle Channel on Wednesday, August 14 at 7.30pm and the following day, Thursday August 15, at 8.30pm on 10.

The milestone 10th series will see many of our Goggleboxers reaching milestones of their own. The loveable Jackson Family have become homeowners for the first time, while Matty and Sarah Marie have a Gogglebox baby boy on the way!

On being back on our screens for the 10th season, fan-favourite Anastasia said, “Oh my gosh, can you believe we’ll have ten seasons under our belts?! And my belt has gotten so much smaller, you should see how good I’m looking.”

What will our favourite couch critics make of The Bachelor Australia ? Or the new judging panel on Seven Network’s Australia’s Got Talent ? Will they survive another season of Australian Survivor ? Be on opposing teams watching Foxtel’s Lifestyle Channel’s Love it or List it Australia ? Tune in for Nine Network’s Block o’clock?

Our favourite Goggleboxers back to share their hilarious and heart-warming opinions on Australian television are Greek best friends Anastasia and Faye; happily married couple Lee and Keith; the adorable and sports-crazy Jackson Family; the fun-loving and cricket-mad Delpechitra Family; best mates Adam and Symon; dealers in Indigenous Art Mick and Di; the close-knit Dalton Family; married couple Matty and Sarah Marie and their friend Jad; brother and sister Tim and Leanne; and the three generations of women in the Silbery Family.

https://twitter.com/GoggleboxAU/status/1151998717060251648

3 Likes

This time next week (or even sooner than that if you’re a viewer of the Lifestyle airing), we’ll be eagerly anticipating the return of Gogglebox Australia.

Does anyone want to make predictions as to what programs will be reviewed this season? Now it seems obvious that Australia’s Got Talent, The Block, Australian Survivor and The Bachelor are pretty much guaranteed to make it on there at some point, but what else?

I’m willing to predict a wildcard: one of the “Untold Australia” documentaries being shown on SBS this month. Last night’s about the relationship workshop for those with intellectual/learning disabilities and their quest to find love which climaxed with the train journey to a debutants ball in a country town…something I reckon would’ve resulted in a rollercoaster of emotions from the Goggleboxers if they happened to be watching!

2 Likes

Predictions? seriously :joy::joy:

1 Like

Masked Singer. Will this coincide with all the new shows from last years pilot week?

I think Channel 5 documentary London: 2000 Years of History (Tuesdays on SBS) will feature on next week’s season premiere.

The Hunting. Lots of discussion on my social media.

1 Like

The first group of shows to be “reviewed” by Goggleboxers is being promoted:

DON’T READ ON if you want to be surprised.

The wait is over! Our favourite couch critics return to their lounges and our screens to kick off the 10th series of Gogglebox Australia tonight at 7.30pm on Lifestyle, and tomorrow at 8.30pm on 10.

The Goggleboxers get acquainted with 10’s The Bachelor , “Where do they find these people?” – Lee.

See the return of a much-loved Aussie drama Seachange on Channel Nine, “This is bringing me back to my childhood.” – Isabelle.

Have mixed reviews on the talent in Network Seven’s Australia’s Got Talent , “Maybe it’s one of those you have to be there things.” – Jad.

And travel the world with Nat Geo’s Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted, “Why is Gordon Ramsay starting to do travel shows?” – Adam.

1 Like

Love that publicity photo of Adam & Symon! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If anything, surely it would’ve been incredibly surprising to hear that Gogglebox didn’t watch AGT, Seachange and The Bachelor?

One would imagine that reviews of The Block & Aussie Survivor will also get a run on there at some point, but hopefully tonight’s return episode won’t be completely loaded with reviews of all the commercial network shows that launched/returned over the past 7-10 days leaving not much time for anything else.

I thought this show was meant to review programs shown on television in the past week. They’ve suddenly started reviewing shows broadcast weeks ago.

If some of tonight’s viewer tweets are anything to go by, I actually might’ve been onto something here?!

1 Like

Best phrase from tonight:

“Seachange the channel” :grinning:

3 Likes

Didn’t they say they were getting a new household?

TV Tonight revealed there were no new households yet.