Gogglebox Australia

Correct - in March Gogglebox announced

But when the new season premiere date was announced a month ago there was no change to the cast.

Last night there was some funny editing when Survivor came on.The Silbery family were eating chips and they kept playing a crunching noise over Survivor snippets, then flick back to the family eating the chips. First from the grandmother eating chips then the mother. They even showed the grandmother burping after eating a big pile of chips. It was hilarious and I can’t recall them doing much like that before on Gogglebox.

1 Like

Watching the season premiere tonight, I realise the small captions on the bottom left of the screen are now showing the network instead of the production company or companies for each program.

Opens up lots of possibilities for product placement. “Smiths Chips - as heard on Gogglebox”.

2 Likes

No, the episodes of Bachelor and Survivor reviewed on this week’s Gogglebox were shown in the past week.

I wasn’t referring to those. The Kylie Kwong episode of Anh’s Brush With Fame originally aired on July 17.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s what I said when it aired last night, I guess because it was probably one they could ensure got the emotions going and play on the emotions, it was news a few weeks ago for a few reasons and then they had it appear in the same stories last night - her father’s reaction to her coming out and the glasses being different for instance and then in the news today the stories about Gogglebox’s return were about the tears from her telling her story. Had any other episode been reviewed they wouldn’t have been able to grab the headlines like that.

I think they can only really justify that by doing it in the first episode of the series, doing it in later episodes is a bit of a stretch for the premise of the show but even then, I’d prefer it if it was all recent stuff like it’s portrayed.

2 Likes

With the Love Me As I Am segment (which IMO, was right up there with the look at Seachange as being this week’s highlight), I’m surprised that Gogglebox mainly decided to focus around the segments with Johnny rather than the engaged couple with downs syndrome who I think were completely omitted from the reviewed/cut down version of events.

Of course, what does not surprise me at all is the amount of laughs generated from the households during the contraception demonstration segment and the “Doesn’t look that real” comment from auburn-haired Aspie Adelaide! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Some of the Love Me As I Am segments with Adelaide that Gogglebox (perhaps quite wisely) decided not to show reviews of…I seriously hope nobody pressured her to be part of the workshop/attend the ball/be on national TV because at times, she appeared really uncomfortable to be part of it at all!

Having said all that though, I’d still much rather see Gogglebox review documentaries and one-off specials which feature people in society who aren’t normally shown on television in a positive light than the more toxic and manufactured dating/relationship/wedding “reality” programs that are particularly loved by our commercial networks.

1 Like

I think the kylie Kwong episode may be strategic on tens part ahead of a possible
Upcoming announcement.

That Kylie could return to MasterChef as a judge?

Are we sure that there wasn’t any repeat of it in any of the ABC or ABC multichannel’s this week? I also think that they’ve only done this being the very first episode of the series and it got a bit of attention in the media, so was perfect for the first episode.

It was repeated this week, I think it was 6pm on Sunday. My recorder picked it up.

I missed the return of it and it isn’t on 10Play… sometimes it is on Youtube but now Youtube is taking it down .

it is on 10play

All i see is :slight_smile:

Gogglebox Highlights: Season 9, Episode 11

M | Light Entertainment

Air Date: Mon 22 Apr 2019
Expires: in over 80 years

Gogglebox is only on 10 play for 48 hours after broadcast.

There is an encore on Peach tonight about 9pm.

1 Like

Great thanks.

Not sure why it said above expires in 80 years lol.

1 Like

A more enjoyable, light hearted episode tonight. Plenty of laughs.

Let me guess…they just had to get a review of The Block in there after leaving it out of last week’s jam packed episode? :wink:

The Block gets the review it deserves. Not surprised they covered The Bachelor given the controversy over a certain comment last week. Plenty of off beat, niche shows this week that received interesting reactions. I wouldn’t recommend watching it with your granny.

3 Likes