Gogglebox Australia

What the hell did they watch then?

2 Likes

Antiques Roadshow :sleeping:

1 Like

A couple of documentaries, Antique Roadshow, Blues Brothers, American Idol.

2 Likes

The highest rated program featured was The Project where they watched Pauline Hanson’s reaction to the Al Jazeera documentary.

The opening of the show features a quote fro Di saying “It’s so repetitive, this show; it’s the same thing every week”. Then Tim says “I’m so glad someone said it.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I prefer it when the Goggleboxers don’t review the high rating programs. The most interesting reviews are the ones for the more obscure shows buried away on SBS or Foxtel. It gives me hope that commercial television viewers may look beyond the crap coming out of the Seven/Nine/Ten sausage factories and discover something that broadens their minds when they’re exposed to the hidden gems.

8 Likes

Gogglebox UK watched the Netflix movie "The Dirt’ last week and i thought GB AUS would never do that. Did they watch the finale of Get Krackin?

2 Likes

It’ll be great to to see an ep where they are watching themselves on GoggleBox and seeing there reactions!

No it wouldn’t.

1 Like

Final ever episode stuff IMO.

they might open the space time continuum

I’ve always thought it would be interesting to see the Australian Goggleboxers review the UK version when it airs on Foxtel. I enjoyed Symon’s subtle dig at the UK version when they were discussing which Australian television formats are better than the UK versions in the last episode.

I didn’t think she was 90 .

2 Likes

They said it on the show last week! So I just read they watched the finale of MAFS. Was it just the reunion dinner or the finale on the couch cause I would have thought the cut off would be a Sunday?

Both. They also showed Employable Me which was shown last night.

Last night’s Bachelor In Paradise was also covered. I zoned out while that was on. Hope it won’t be a regular feature. I suspect some of the shows are supplied before they air.

I’m usually here complaining they do MAFS every week. I don’t watch MAFS but enjoyed seeing the moronic antics from some of the himbos and bimbos during the finale. Jad’s reaction, with that perpetually horny dog attached to his leg, was priceless.

Arguably one of the best episodes ever of Gogglebox. MAFS & DWTS featured again, but there was a good mix of emotions throughout the show and that is when Gogglebox is at its best. Watching Faye speak about her partner while watching After Life was heartbreaking.

Yeah I thought the same that they probably watched it a day or two earlier. It’s unlikely they waited until Tuesday night and then edited it into the episode by Wednesday.

The MAFS section last night was the best. It was funny watching how everyone reacted to the wine incident because that’s exactly how I was in my lounge room on Sunday night.

The bit with Faye at the end was really sad. It was good to get a real personal insight into what she has been going through.

3 Likes

Lee and Keith posted on Instagram the reaction by the Melbourne? cast to their Logies win

2 Likes

But i they filmed a thank you video didnt they know they won or do they get anyone who doesnt turn up to do that?