Gogglebox Australia

But the narrator lady said “See you early next year” they know its a high rating show so I would think Feb/March-May then Aug/Sep-Nov next year. They will coincide it with their own shows on Ten I imagine.

1 Like

Would have been nice if Endomol could spell the name of the show properly.

2 Likes

The whole idea of the show is to cast unknowns. Celeste Barber is known around the world.

Angie moved back from the UK ages ago. She lives on the Sunshine Coast.

3 Likes

Angie and Yvie were live on Instagram earlier explaining the reasoning behind theire decisionto leave. With Angie no longer living in Sydney, it became logistically difficult and too expensive to continue travelling down for the show. Yvie also has new housemates. So they decided to spread their wings.

2 Likes

Angie and Yvie have given TV Week an exclusive interview.

The pair reveal that the real reason they left the show was that their Foxtel contract presented them from doing any other media work which left them no option but to leave.

3 Likes

Personally I think Angie & Yvie would be great on their own program at some point in the future - maybe a laid back (think a “in the backyard with wine” type setting) talk show or something among those lines?

It’d be unfortunate if they were to fade into obscurity after a post-Gogglebox reality show or two, I think.

1 Like

Like Kath and Kim? lol

1 Like

Didn’t one of them move to the UK though? It’s confirmed it both of them and not Tom?

Angie moved back from the UK (although TBH, I’m half surprised she didn’t leave our version to appear on their version of Gogglebox in the meantime) to the Sunshine Coast a while ago, apparently.

Yes she’s on the Sunshine Coast as she appears as a fill in on 92.7 Mix FM.

1 Like

Angie wants to get into acting . Being restricted by her Gogglebox contract would have made it impossible.

GOGGLEBOX AUSTRALIA - Season 9

Wednesday 6 February at 7.30pm on Lifestyle

Thursday 7 February at 8.30pm on 10

The three-time TV WEEK Logie award winning show Gogglebox Australia will return to our screens first on Foxtel’s Lifestyle Channel on Wednesday, February 6 at 7.30pm and the following day, Thursday February 7, at 8.30pm on 10.

The ninth series of Gogglebox Australia will see favourite households returning to their lounges to critique the best and the worst of 2019’s newest television programs; bubbly Greek best friends Anastasia and Faye ; happily married couple Lee and Keith ; the adorable and sports-crazy Jackson Family ; the fun-loving and cricket-mad Delpechitra Family ; best mates Adam and Symon ; dealers in Indigenous Art Mick and Di ; the close-knit Dalton Family ; married couple Matty and Sarah Marie and their friend Jad ; and the three generations of women in the Silbery Family.

And this season, Gogglebox will take us in to the lounge room of a brand new household who will be announced soon.

6 Likes

If they’re only replacing Wayne & Tom + Angie & Yvie with one household, I wonder if the new one will be a larger group of people?

Also gonna be very interesting to see how Gogglebox handles I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here this year with one of their former households in the jungle…

2 Likes

10’s promo

Malaysian-born Tim Lai and younger sister Leanne are the new household replacing Wayne and Tom. They live in Melbourne and post their food and travelling adventures on YouTube and Instagram under the moniker thetravellingulcers. Their first interview appear in News Corp newspapers today.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/television/australias-new-gogglebox-stars-for-2019-meet-the-fresh-faces-of-hit-series/news-story/aa028e379179aaab1be8565430db9d71

Can’t wait to hear their unique views on TV shows.

NEW CAST ANNOUNCEMENT

Foxtel today announced that one new household will be joining the hit local-production, Gogglebox Australia.

Brother and sister Tim and Leanne are like two peas in a pod. They blog together, eat together and drink together. Of Malaysian heritage, Tim was born in Penang but moved to Melbourne with his family when he was nine years old, and two years later Leanne was born. Family is incredibly important to both of them and since Tim came out, Leanne has been a huge support mechanism for him and a big advocate for LGBTQI rights.

Their 11 year age gap doesn’t stop the pair from being both equally loud and assertive in their individual opinions. However, when it comes to TV they’re both passionate about cooking shows – if people are cooking or eating it, chances are they are watching it.

Tim works as a retail technology consultant and lives in the suburbs with his fiancé and their new Boston Terrier, River. When he’s not day dreaming of traipsing across the globe, Tim’s days are busy eating food, photographing food, filming himself talking about food, or thinking about what to eat next.

Leanne lives with her partner in a compact apartment with two adorably neurotic Chihuahuas. Working as an operations manager in a factory environment with a lot of blokey blokes, Leanne is an avid gamer, occasional artist and musician, fulltime dog lover, and wannabe knitter who is partial to a weekend-long book or TV show binge.

Tim and Leanne will join returning cast including bubbly Greek best friends Anastasia and Faye ; happily married couple Lee and Keith ; the adorable and sports-crazy Jackson Family ; the fun-loving and cricket-mad Delpechitra Family ; best mates Adam and Symon ; dealers in Indigenous Art Mick and Di ; the close-knit Dalton Family ; married couple Matty and Sarah Marie and their friend Jad ; and the three generations of women in the Silbery Family .

3 Likes

Angie and Yvie’s participation in I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here won’t be featured on this season’s Gogglebox, Foxtel executive director of television Brian Walsh has told TV Tonight. Seems that Walsh has some stern words on the ladies’ comments regarding Foxtel’s control over them and appearance fee.

Personally, I think it was somewhat inevitable that the producers of Gogglebox would skip over Angie & Yvie’s appearance on “Celebrities in the Jungle” for the same strategic reasons they avoided covering Common Sense and all bar one Logies telecast.

But on this:

Despite all the efforts one can make to avoid the cast members being seen as celebrities and maintain the authenticity of couch viewers, surely it’s inevitable that people on Gogglebox have already become celebrities (well in the case of new group Tim & Leanne, will soon become celebrities) after regularly appearing on national TV for a while?

I thought they weren’t even paid? How ridiculous… Yeah lets curate the show more and more to only watch shows we tell them to, make them famous by putting them on TV but making them sign their life away like they own them. Just sit on your couches and entertain monkeys!