Gogglebox Australia

I’m pretty sure that Angie has come over here for the duration of the season(s) but I’d have to check on that.

TBH, I’m somewhat surprised that she hasn’t become a Goggleboxer for the UK version because knowing the UK’s fascination with Australia, I think people over there would really enjoy watching an Australian Goggleboxer (or Goggleboxers) on their version of the show!

On our version of Gogglebox, Anastasia’s Mum filled in for Faye when she was on holidays for two episodes of 2016’s 2nd season of the year and that worked out pretty well from what I remember. At The Jackson household, the eldest son Corey has since moved away from home (which I think happened this year) and technically left the show.

Not aware of any other casting changes, aside from entire families leaving and joining the show of course.

Why do some households seem to have the camera shooting from the floor up? Thry need to lift those cameras up do were not getting huge legs and small bodies.

Sri Lankan father being dirty but so was Keith saying he thought she said “c*ck” and so was the grandma in the Silberry family talkibg about handcuffs when it was that ep with Bondi on Instant Hotel. It’s not always the father being dirty.

Yeah but he does it in an innocent delivery that nerves me out more than an obvious joke of what it is.

Anyway. I been watching the Gogglebox UK as you know and I watched the celebrity one they did this year and I think it would be a good one to do for Australia’s version because they intertwine the regulars in with the celebs. It could just be a one off but I think as we know with The Bachelorette celebs get more people in. The difference is though if they were TV celebs could they take the piss out of other shows or would they need to be singers, sports stars, comedians etc… as they had Ed Sheeran, Sharon & Ozzy Osbourne and Freddie Flintoff in the UK one.

1 Like

The Melbourne-based Goggleboxers held their Christmas party on the weekend at Lamaros Hotel in South Melbourne.

1 Like

Gogglebox Australia - Season Seven

Wednesday 7 February at 7.30pm AEDT on Lifestyle
Thursday 8 February At 8.30pm On TEN And WIN Network.

Gogglebox Australia is back. The two-time TV WEEK Logie Award-winning show about people watching television returns on Wednesday, 7 February, at 7.30pm on Foxtel’s Lifestyle channel and the following day, Thursday 8 February, at 8.30pm on TEN and WIN Network.

The new season is sure to leave audiences with more memorable and entertaining quotes like Matty’s noted similarities between himself and Ned Kelly: “He’s a dead ringer for me. Leb Kelly!”

Remember the eye-opening moment Tracey Delpechitra overshared: “Your cousins are married! Errol and his wife?” Patrick, “Yeah.” Tracey, “They are two first cousins who are married to each other.” Patrick, “You don’t need to bring it up.”

And grandma Emmie’s random facts: Isabelle, “Everyone needs eyebrows.” Emmie, “And you know what they’re for? They’re to sop up the perspiration that runs. That’s what all hair’s for. Well, that’s what your pubic hair’s all about.” Isabelle, “Oh, Jesus.”

Now in its seventh series, Gogglebox Australia’s favourite households will be returning to their lounges to entertain audiences with their take on 2018’s newest television programs.

Back to doing what they do best are bubbly Greek best friends Anastasia and Faye; cocktail-loving Wayne and Tom; the adorable and sports-crazy Jackson Family; the fun-loving and cricket-mad Delpechitra Family; vivacious friends Angie and Yvie; best mates and larrikins with a thirst for life Adam and Symon; dealers in Indigenous Art Mick and Di; the close-knit Dalton Family; happily married couple Lee and Keith; newly-weds Matty andSarah Marie and their friend Jad; and the three generations of women in the Silbery Family.

Gogglebox Australia is an Endemol Shine Australia production for Foxtel and Network Ten.

4 Likes

Promo

4 Likes

Seven Days Until Gogglebox Australia Season Seven

Premieres Thursday, 8 February At 9.00pm

The countdown is officially on as the TV Week Logie Award-winning Gogglebox Australia returns for a seventh season at 9.00pm on Thursday, 8 February on TEN and WIN Network.

The biggest television shows for 2018 have just begun and while Australia watches, the nation’s favourite armchair critics are getting restless, ready to have their say on all the moving moments, terrific triumphs and cringe-worthy curiosities on offer. Get ready to enter the living rooms of the 11 Australian households whose hilarious and heart-warming reactions have become a television phenomenon.

Celebrities jammed in the jungle will be judged on TEN’s hit family entertainment series I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, while the luxurious and sometimes catty lives of The Real Housewives of Melbourne are exposed. Covering shows we know, love and have sometimes never heard of, no television program is safe from the scrutiny of Australia’s Goggleboxers.

Returning for the seventh season are bubbly Greek best friends Anastasia and Faye; cocktail-loving Wayne and Tom; the adorable and sports-crazy Jackson family; the fun-loving and cricket-mad Delpechitra family; vivacious friends Angie and Yvie; best mates and larrikins with a thirst for life Adam and Symon; dealers in Indigenous art Mick and Di; the close-knit Dalton family (pictured); happily married couple Lee and Keith; newly-weds Matty and Sarah Marie and their friend Jad; and the three generations of women in the Silbery family.

2 Likes

This season will be 10 episodes unlike the previous 8 episodes from season 2 on wards

3 Likes

They announced that at the upfronts. 8 episodes were too few.

2 Likes

Some mention here on the production processes behind Gogglebox

There are five crews who work on the series, filming the households over a five-day period. There could be as much as 12 hours of footage in total to make a five-minute piece on one show.

“There is a lot of content for the editors to sift through to make each short piece of television,” said McDonald.

Because of the time constraints, there is no way the households could be filmed watching all of every episode being discussed.

The viewer groups need to be in front of their TV sets twice a week for filming sessions.

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/morning-report-february-7-2018#1

5 Likes

Info on the shows seen on the first episode of Gogglebox:

The Season 7 premiere sees the return of three of Australia’s most popular reality shows: MKR, Married At First Sight, and I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Outta Here!

Panel discussions on Ten’s brand new show Hughesy, We Have A Problem has the Goggleboxers laughing, cringing and oversharing, while on Foxtel’s local production The Great Australian Bake Off, sexual innuendo in the kitchen has them shocked, amused and also hungry!

3 Likes

Did Angie move to the UK? They must have a quick turnaround as Yvie was just on holidays. Speaking of, if Angie is unavailable they should get her friend who she was holidaying with Instagram “star” Celeste Barber to join her. They would be a great duo! Or introduce Celeste and her husband next season.

Angie & Yvie would probably make for a great addition to the UK version of Gogglebox at some point in the future. Knowing how a lot of Brits are rather fascinated with Australia, I reckon they’d love to watch a popular pair of Australian Goggleboxers on their version of the show.

I really hope we’ll have more variety with the programs reviewed on Gogglebox this year (even if that means branching out of primetime to find an interesting program worth reviewing), because it was starting to get rather long in the tooth at times last year IMO.

How Gogglebox handles Date Night will be particularly interesting since that program has been described as being a “Gogglebox for Tinder” - will the producers allow that show to be reviewed on Gogglebox or would that been seen as “breaking the fourth wall” too much?

She moved to the UK but then came back. She lives in Qld now and travels to Sydney for filming.

1 Like

Googlebox featured the Neighbours 90 minute episode last night so it was probably watched in advance of the screening, unless there was a very fast turnaround. For the duration of the segment the Lifestyle watermark was missing.

Was watching the show tonight and when they showed Travel Guides it had the Ch 9 watermark with the existing WIN map watermark over it of course … i mean obviously because it is on WIN here but still … it wasn’t completely covered either :slight_smile:

Hi, guys. I am a high school student who is researching on the Gogglebox and reality TV show for a school project. I enjoy this show and really want to know what makes it such an amusing show.

I have made an anonymous 10 questions survey on surveymonkey website. They are mainly multiple choice questions.
The link is down below :
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/J2P3QRB

If you want to share your opinions on the Gogglebox, you can also reply me in this forum. I really want to know what you like and dislike about this show.

Thank you for taking your time to help me:slight_smile:

i like the diversity of people who are viewing the shows but wish it was longer in time and that the ending wasnt so rushed

This week the Goggleboxers reviewed Ramsay’s Hotel Hell, The Late Late Show with James Corden and Australia’s Cheapest Weddings. While it was great to have them watching a variety of shows, why did the producers choose an old Channel Seven program that happened to be repeated on Foxtel (Australia’s Cheapest Weddings)?