Gogglebox Australia

Also the kid with the A-League jersey.

As for the Delis, at least the dad is trying. But yeah, I’ve wanted them gone since season 1. The Lebanese couple + third wheel have been good.

1 Like
2 Likes

For last couple of weeks TV Week has feature interview with selected group of Goggleboxers. This week it is Wayne and Tom talking about their three adult kids: article

I didn’t think they were allowed to meet?

Maybe only during official Foxtel events?
EDIT: they met at the Sydney launch of Foxtel Now box yesterday.

Foxtel commissions a further two seasons of Gogglebox Australia

Foxtel today announced it has commissioned a further two seasons of Lifestyle’s phenomenally successful local production, Gogglebox Australia, to premiere in 2018.

Now in its sixth season on air, Gogglebox Australia is a weekly observational series which captures the reactions of ordinary Australians as they watch the nightly news, cringe and cry through reality TV, cheer their favourite sporting teams and digest current affairs and documentaries.

Gogglebox Australia first premiered in 2015 to rave reviews, and has since been recognised with two TV WEEK Logie Awards for Best Factual Program (2016 and 2017) and a nomination for Most Outstanding Factual or Documentary Program (2017).

The current series has been another great success and continues to entertain audiences with the heart-felt and hilarious moments experienced by the 11 much-loved households.

Hannah Barnes, General Manager of the Lifestyle Group, said: “Gogglebox has been an outstanding success for Foxtel, and continues to hold the record as the number one audience in the Lifestyle channel’s history.

“Viewers clearly can’t get enough of their favourite households giving their take on the week’s TV, so we are thrilled to be able to confirm another two seasons for next year, and extend the length of each series,” she said.

Gogglebox Australia is produced by Endemol Shine Australia. The two new seasons will increase from eight to 10 episodes each and will premiere on Lifestyle in 2018.

4 Likes

Good news for Gogglebox fans but will the show continue to air on Ten? The last paragraph in the press release does not mention any FTA screening. Is News Corp continuing its reprisal against Ten over the failed bid by Lachlan Murdoch and Bruce Gordon?

I think it will continue to air on ten but Foxtel wanted to get in first, before the upfronts today.

2 Likes

It’s not up to Foxtel to promote Channel 10. That will be Ten’s job

3 Likes

Yeah I think that’s more likely the case.

The show is a hit and it would get a lot of uproar if it was dropped off Channel 10. Clearly airing on ch10 doesn’t affect Foxtel’s ratings too much, it still comes in at #1 on Foxtel ratings getting close to 200k.

I agree that Gogglebox probably will return to Ten next year (since it is one of the more popular shows on the network and also helps Foxtel to promote some of their content to a wider audience!), but Foxtel probably wanted to get in with the announcement first before Ten’s upfronts tonight.

As for the seasons being extended in length next year…probably a sign that the not-so successful spin-off program Common Sense has been axed?

For a while, it was also believed that they weren’t allowed to attend the Logies.

Although with the success of the program, I guess those rules are being relaxed or dropped.

2 Likes

The show will return to Ten in 2018, as announced on the upfronts this evening.

1 Like

RIP Commonsense?

Give us Gogglebox: Kids. Just 6 episodes. That would give ten/Foxtel 26 episodes on Gogglebox throughout the year. Half the year filled.

2 Likes

I’d personally prefer a series exclusively featuring Australia’s top media enthusiasts, but that would probably be full of industry references and jokes which would completely fly over the heads of the average viewer! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In any case, I don’t think there’s likely to be any spin-offs in the foreseeable future after Common Sense failed to fire this year.

Haven’t they just done a celebrity edition in the UK?

They had a one off episode to raise money for cancer. They have done this a couple of times now.

1 Like

Urgh. Please. No more kids.

3 Likes

Gogglesprogs UK is actually pretty good. I enjoyed it just as much as the adult version.

1 Like

Same. I thought it was really good. Same format but with kids.

1 Like