Gogglebox Australia

You say third wheel; others might say threesome. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

As a professional third-wheeler, I know his pain

You havent done much third-wheeling have you…

2 Likes

No. I’m usually third-wheeled by others. :wink:

1 Like

Judging from the video, there’s quite a bit of some competitive man-spreading going on.

The new family look interesting but I would have preferred the older trio from Common Sense taking the spot. They were great.

lol third wheel. Unless it’s his house, this supposedly best mate should have the decency to get the hell out of there.

They don’t necessarily live together. Maybe they just get together to review the TV shows.

The other groups don’t all live together either.

2 Likes

I have friends over sometimes to watch certain shows. Sometimes its just me, my boyfriend and another friend. They are not a third wheel we just enjoy watching some of the same shows together. Its a pretty common scenario IMO.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with it? They from Sydney? There’s a lot of people house/flat sharing with rents so high!

Whereas if they were from Tasmania! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

They’d be inflicting the WIN watermarks across the rest of the country for Channel Ten programming? Trying to work out why people call it TDT instead of Channel Nine? Doing reviews of Southern Cross News and comparing to WIN News. A Tassie family could work.

2 Likes

The Television Phenomenon Is Back.
Just Seven Days Until Gogglebox Australia Returns.
Thursday, 5 October At 8.30pm On TEN And WIN Network.

While Australia enjoys television’s smorgasbord of drama, reality, sporting events, news and current affairs aplenty, the nation’s favourite armchair critics are back – and they have lots to say about what is entertaining and informing the nation.

The countdown is on to the return of the TV Week Logie Award-winning Gogglebox Australia. Get ready to enter the living rooms of the 11 Australian households whose hilarious and heart-warming reactions have become a television phenomenon.

This season, the Goggleboxers will pass judgement on the eligible Bachelors vying for Sophie Monk’s heart on TEN’s hit series The Bachelorette Australia, and chip in with their thoughts about renovating or selling on Lifestyle’s Love It Or List It, among many others. Covering shows Australians know, love and love to criticise, no television program is safe from the scrutiny of the Goggleboxers.

Returning for the sixth season are best mates Adam and Symon; the bubbly Anastasia and Faye (pictured); cocktail-loving Wayne and Tom; the sports-crazy Jackson family; the fun-loving Delpechitra family; vivacious housemates Angie and Yvie; art-dealing couple Mick and Di; the close-knit Dalton family; the happily-married Lee and Keith; the three generations of women in the Silbery family; and the newest addition to the Googlebox Australia family, engaged couple Matty and Sarah Marie and their roommate Jad.

Premieres Wednesday, 4 October At 7.30pm On Foxtel’s Lifestyle And Thursday, 5 October At 8.30pm On TEN And WIN Network.

2 Likes

I feel like you missed the joke. :joy:

While it was good to see both football grand finals reviewed this year, that segment was quite short (although possibly a reflection of just how boring both games were this year) and surprisingly didn’t cover the much talked about pre-match performance from Macklemore at the NRL Grand Final. Heck, the news coverage about that “controversy” in the lead-up to last Sunday would’ve made for a rather interesting Gogglebox segment in itself…or is that too Common Sense-esque?

Although it’s good to see Gogglebox back on our screens in any case. Now that the households have reviewed the show, Channel Seven can go and axe Cannonball now! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not only were the reviews of the grand finals very short, it was ridiculous that the producers only took the vision of AFL Grand Final from Sky News. Was it really that hard to record some footage from Seven’s telecast directly?
Otherwise, it was a great season opener tonight. The comments re. The Bachelorette, Survivor and Cannonball are so funny!

3 Likes

I’d say they weren’t given permission to use it but why would they watch two broadcasts anyway?. And most likely they would watch it live, otherwise what would be the point of watching a recording when you know the result?

They also covered these events extensively last year so pointless covering the same ground. Also, if the Goggleboxers had nothing funny or interesting to say, then they had nothing to use on the show.

This bit of footage looks like it was recorded directly from Seven HD:

…although you’re right about the rest being from a report on Sky News. Being a Foxtel channel, it wouldn’t surprise me if Sky News has to be featured on Gogglebox at least once a season.

2 Likes

I thought they would have used FOX Footy vision, not SKY News?

As there’s been umpteen replays of the Grand Final already on FOX Footy…so heaps of opportunities to source footage,

If you want to be surprised about the shows that are “goggled” this week don’t read :slight_smile:

Wednesdays at 7.30pm on Lifestyle
Thursdays at 8.30pm on Ten

Tonight on Gogglebox

This week our Goggleboxers hit the road with RBT, keep up-to-date with Sophie’s search for love in The Bachelorette, and are blown away by Insight story ‘Wine O’clock’. Interesting wardrobe and set designs on ABC’s Get Krack!n has our Goggleboxers split over whether the satirical comedy is clever or confusing, while the catwalk drama of stolen designs and a contestant walk out on Arena’s fashion reality series Project Runway has them begging for more!

3 Likes