Gogglebox Australia

Yeah I really started to lose interest this last season. Needs a freshen up next season and some new families to work with, the existing ones have all become too predicatable IMO.

1 Like

When I was first told of this show (The UK version) I though it would be garbage but after a cpl of EPA I loved it! Then when Foxtel announced they were doing an Oz version I thought it was going to rubbish compared to the original but I have to say the casting is as good if not better than the U.K. Version. I love all the cast as there’s more diversity than you get anywhere on Australian TV. I agree with adding a new group every so often to keep things fresh but if someone had to be cut I couldn’t make a decision as they’re all great and add something different. As for the Logies, I agree that keeping them away is a good thing as it would spoil it if they were to go.

4 Likes

I think the producers need to be careful about any new additions to the cast. Of the recent additions to the UK version I only really enjoy watching Giles and Mary. I enjoy the Australian version much more than the British one but I think that has to do with the relatability of the cast. It would be good to have some fresh blood but they shouldn’t dispense with any of the current Goggleboxers unless they felt sure they had somebody better.

2 Likes

Get rid of the awful stereotypical Greek woman and the elderly couple who barely contribute anything.

They are the stars of the show! It’s funny how everyone has their favourites.

5 Likes

Accepting the Logie but not live

3 Likes

Hmm…either the Goggleboxers ban from the Logies was rubbish or Adam & Symon will not be returning for Season 6!

2 Likes

Don’t start unfounded rumours.

1 Like

Common sense prevails.

Why are they dressed in civies?

Makes you regret screaming out for them to accept the award now, doesn’t it? :joy:

I’ve seen him wear that on the show before, probably keeping with the ‘regular person’ vibe, rather than getting dressed up like the celebrities.

You obviously haven’t watched much Gogglebox. Mick & Di are some of the biggest contributors to the show.

This is satire right?

It was also while the crowd were eating and paying zero attention to anything that waa going on up on stage.

1 Like

I have just watched the UK version of the Kids Gogglebox (gogglesprogs). Its so good. They should consider this. Its quite funny seeing kids discuss things like the morning show, a dating show etc.

2 Likes

I have been watching the original series of Gogglebox UK too. I am currently up to the 7th season. It is quite good although I think ours is slightly better. Ten should get rid of Common Sense and just air Goggle Sprogs in between seasons of Gogglebox.

2 Likes

Definitely think they should give gogglesprogs a go. Part of me is hesitant to suggest axing common sense as gogglebox started out in a similar fashion before finding its groove.

This I agree with.

Do UK do any Specials with their respected shows, as I think Fox and ten should try it

They had a celebrity Stand up to Cancer special which raised money towards a cure for cancer and last year they had a Brexit special.

Apparently there was a Christmas special as well. Which should be tried here. Besides there is nothing to watch on TV on that time.