Gogglebox Australia

I would want the Asian girls gone, they are annoying and don’t bring anything to the show and maybe another couple, but who?

1 Like

No way they’re great. Why not add another one and just use the best of the best?

1 Like

Wasn’t fond of them to begin with but they’re now one of my favourites.
They add a very different perspective to things and have some great stories about their backgrounds.

1 Like

Caught my eye watching this weeks episode - if you’re quick enough you can see that the recording of Sunday Night from 7HD was actually replayed from a Fetch TV box judging by the on screen display. Wonder if Foxtel had anything to say about that?

3 Likes

Saw that too, wondered if it was an IQ3 UI, but interesting to see it’s Fetch. I wonder if the box under the television at the time was Foxtel or Fetch.

I’ve tried to watch this show, but it’s just reactionary Herald Sun letters most of the time.

We won’t know. It would have been on Endemol Shine’s end and not the Gogglebox cast

From the screenshot (taken from tenplay just to confirm that it wasn’t my Fetch box I saw originally!) it shows that the recording of Sunday Night is being played from a Fetch box (either Gen 2 or current Mighty), and then yet another device is capturing what the Fetch box is outputting (otherwise we wouldn’t have seen the on screen info)

4 Likes

Googlebox, or Sunday Night? :wink:
Googlebox isn’t a serious programme, it’s just a bit of fun, but like everything, nobody here’s saying you must watch.

Thanks mate, I’ll take my opinions and head off from a media critique site!

You know nobody here’s saying you must comment? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No but there’s no rule saying they can’t.

Let’s stick to the topic.

How far in advance would’ve The Dalton’s been shown last night’s episode of Wentworth to review? According to a Facebook post on April 4 they are meant to be in the UK

Banned again

Garry McDonald’s son will accept the award.

1 Like

I wonder if “the voice of Gogglebox Australia” Jo Van Es is allowed to/has been asked to represent the show at the Logies?

The comments on that article suggesting some one-off specials during the year were also rather interesting. For example, I think a Gogglebox: Christmas/New Year special would probably be really good (I can just imagine the reactions to things like the Carols and NYE coverage right now!) but casting availability at that time of year would probably be a major issue.

2 Likes

The UK series did a few special eps with kids and called it Gogglesprogs. Hoping the Australian producers do something similar. Always interested to see how kids react to traditional television given most don’t bother with it and don’t have the same connection to it many of us older folk do given we grew up with the box in the corner of the lounge room as our primary source of entertainment.

I do like the ban, myself. The concept of keeping them from “the other side” benefits the genuine feel of them being “one of us”.

But I do like the idea of special event shows such as a Christmas edition or a Logies edition. Even if for only half an hour. Ten needs to be more adventurous and less stuck to their year-long agenda.

1 Like

I’m all for the Goggleboxers being banned from the Logies. They’re meant to be representative of ‘normal’ TV viewers. As soon as they turn into bonafide celebrities, the show loses its authenticity.

3 Likes

If that’s their thinking, they should change the googleboxers every season or even every week.

A big deal over nothing imo. Send them to the logies.

Disagree. One of the reasons the show is a success is the familiarity of some of the cast. Also by replacing the cast each season they run the risk of having dud Goggleboxers. Some of the UK Goggleboxers have been on the show since it began in 2013.

While I don’t think they should change the Goggleboxers up as frequently as every week, I think I would like to see some cast changes soon. Otherwise, I can see this show quickly becoming very long in the tooth like some episodes in the most recent series have been IMO.

2 Likes