Gogglebox Australia

If you think Ten are bad with 2 x 90 minute reality episodes wait 'till you see Seven and Nine schedules :slight_smile: with MKR and Married AFS respectively.

3 to be precise with I’m A Celebrity

I agree. But I wouldn’t call it unfortunate. There is no excuse to not be airing more local content. There should be Australian content on the main channels all through prime time.

2 Likes

I agree there should be Australian content. However, it needs to be quality Australian content and there is a lack of that. The reality TV fixation doesn’t look like dying off anytime soon.

2 Likes

Agree quality always trumps crap. But lets be honest there is also some crap American shows we get in prime time on all networks.

2 Likes

It’s not really/just a fixation. “Reality” TV is comparitively cheap to make, can be sensationalised so gets free media (even the negative coverage about Nine’s MAFS comes to mind but that hasn’t stopped whoever signed up to do the next series of the show).

While I agree we should have good locally produced content, but this (all primetime hours) is ridiculous.
Let’s not all become so parochial.
I’m happy to watch good quality programming from wherever, but of course most of that will be from the USA & UK because of the language.
TV stations are an entertainment business, and so they have to make money or die, then we have nothing.
If people strongly prefer certain programming, it’ll rate and advertisers will pay more to get to those viewers.
But it seems enough people don’t want that, and often feel like watching a nonsense programme to relax and get their mind off their life/problems/etc.
We have and should keep local content quotas, but the big part of the TV/broadcasting business that I don’t want treated as entertainment is news. It needs to be a public service for which the stations should accept losing money as part of the cost of doing business (they are using our/the nation’s broadcast frequencies, etc.).

I don’t see why it can’t happen. Most countries provide this now. Ten, Seven and Nine all already air local content from 5:00-8:30 most nights (perhaps not during summer). It would only require another late news program, chat show or late night cheaper to make programming for the 9:30 slot and a commitment to the 8:30 slot. Not impossible and not that ridiculous. I am not suggesting 10:30 should have local content. I can understand that isn’t quite financially plausible. But again other networks overseas manage it.

1 Like

###Gogglebox Australia Season 5.

Premieres Thursday 16 February At 9.00pm On TEN And WIN Network.

Foxtel and Network Ten announced Season 5 of the hit local production, Gogglebox Australia, will premiere on Foxtel’s LifeStyle Channel on Wednesday, 15 February at 7.30pm, and on TEN on Thursday, 16 February at 9.00pm.

The TV Week Logie Award-winning show about people watching television takes viewers into 11 Australian lounge rooms to capture the often hilarious and heart-warming reactions of some of the country’s most opinionated and avid television viewers.

The new season is sure to leave audiences with memorable and entertaining quotes like Holly Dalton’s Australian Survivor-inspired survival tips: Kate, “What are the key things to survive?”; Holly, “Shelter, food, fire… and, um, shoes!”

And the romantic moment Keith knew his wife Lee was the one: “I reckon I fell in love with you, second time I saw ya”; Lee, “Second time I seen you, you had some girl all over a table kissing her!”; Keith, “Yeah but then I looked at you.”

All of the much-loved Gogglebox Australia households from Season 4 are returning for Season 5: best mates and larrikins with a thirst for life Adam and Symon; bubbly Greek best friends Anastasia and Faye; cocktail-loving Wayne and Tom; the sports-crazy Jackson family; the fun-loving and cricket-mad Delpechitra family; vivacious friends and housemates Angie and Yvie; the Indigenous art dealers Mick and Di; the close knit Dalton family; the happily married couple Lee and Keith; the three generations of women in the Silbery family; and old high school acquaintances and housemates Zina and Vivian.

2 Likes

I do wish they would air it at 8:30 and cut Celebrity back

5 Likes

Just Seven Days Until Gogglebox Australia Season Five.

Premieres On Thursday 16 February At 9.00pm On TEN And WIN Network.

The big television shows for 2017 have started and while Australia watches, the nation’s favourite armchair critics have something to say.

The countdown is on to the return of the TV Week Logie Award-winning Gogglebox Australia. Get ready to enter the living rooms of the 11 ordinary Australian households whose hilarious and heart-warming reactions have become a television phenomenon.

Celebrities jammed in the jungle will be judged on TEN’s hit family entertainment series I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, while stripped-off strangers in Undressed are scorned. Covering shows we know, love and have sometimes never heard of, no television program is safe from the scrutiny of Australia’s Goggleboxers.

All of Gogglebox Australia’s much-loved lounge room larrikins will return for season five: best mates Adam and Symon (pictured); the bubbly Anastasia and Faye; cocktail-loving Wayne and Tom; the sports-crazy Jackson family; the fun-loving Delpechitra family; vivacious housemates Angie and Yvie; art-dealing couple Mick and Di; the close-knit Dalton family; the happily-married Lee and Keith; the three generations of women in the Silbery family; and old high school friends Zina and Vivian.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Some quotes from Anastasia :smiley:

Gogglebox’s Anastasia and Faye slam MAFS and I’m A Celeb

I’m a Celebrity

I wanna punch Tziporah in the mouth! The rudest person I have ever seen. Her name? That bulls**t name?

Married at First Sight:

There’s only one marriage that’s ever worked for starters, so the success rate is 1%.

Jacketgate

Just go and change your f**king jacket and shut up.

4 Likes

wonder how much they get paid to do this show…

I was thinking of applying with my mate once, but we wouldnt of been able to shoot at either house so obviously we didnt apply.

1 Like

Not much at all.

According to some of the participants, not much.

Great first episode which covered all of the reality shows which was interesting as some of them were on at the same time as Gogglebox.

1 Like

Only 8 episodes again this season. With so much content available, the seasons should be at least 12 eps

5 Likes

I agree, but it’s possible that 12 weeks might be too long of a commitment for the families.

Maybe it’s just me, but I think that tonight’s episode was on the slow side. Some new shows to review are needed (Media Watch was a great choice for this week), even if that means branching out of primetime!

1 Like

Gee I love this show - this year is better than ever. The most entertaining hour of TV each week.

3 Likes

The reactions to the This is Us reveal and the I’m a Celebrity snake pit were some of the best they’ve had in any season.

5 Likes

There were just as many negative views of This is Us as there were positive