Gogglebox Australia

They don’t really make it clear but I think they might have mentioned it on the show once.

I was confused with Adam & Symon because they seemed to know a bit about Sydney and Bondi but it turns out they’re Melburnians too.

As I’ve said before, I’d probably suggest that the producers should branch out of Sydney & Melbourne (although keep some families based in those two cities, of course) and have any new families for next year based in another city to really spice things up. Maybe such a proposal would increase production costs, but with Gogglebox getting more popular in the ratings I think it should be something to at least consider.

I generally have to agree with the somewhat Melbourne-centricness of the show at times (which slightly ruins it for me as a non-Melbournian), but of course on the flipside I’m sure there are certain members on this forum who love seeing Melbourne-centric content on TV! :wink:

Maybe even into the country, perhaps a place like Ayr (near Townsville)?

2 Likes

Gogglebox will be back in 2017 according to the official Gogglebox Twitter account.

5 Likes

For 95% of the show it doesn’t make a difference what city the people are from. From the above comments most people had no idea where some families were even from so it can’t be that big a deal to most viewers. There have probably been only 2 or 3 segments all season that have brought up location based comments from some families. It’s not really a big deal. If most of the Foxtel production teams are located in Sydney and Melb and it’s more cost effective then I don’t have a problem with it.

Interesting edition of Gogglebox in the UK

Gogglebox: Celebrity Special

Famous faces - including Anna Friel, Steve Coogan, Olly Murs, Niall Horan, Daniel Sturridge, Jamie Vardy and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - join the cast for a Stand Up To Cancer Gogglebox Special

According to today’s Daily Telegraph, three of the most popular couples from Gogglebox Australia (including Adam and Symon) will guest edit the December issue of Foxtel magazine, and also feature on the front cover.

Look who made the Foxtel mag for December

Also features Keith and Lee, and Wayne and Tom.

2 Likes

According to The Sunday Telegraph, season 5 premieres on LifeStyle on Wednesday February 15 at 7.30pm AEDT, then on Ten on Thursday February 16 at 8.30pm. And Wayne and Tom have got a new dog, a female cocker spaniel cross poodle named Brandy Snaps.
Also a promo with the return date aired on Ten tonight during BBL coverage.

4 Likes

Promos are running now for Gogglebox on TEN.

10 Likes

Roger Oldridge interviewed Adam and Simon at the MCG tonight during the BBL. So Ten is working hard to promote the show.

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see if any new families are cast for 2017 alongside those who are returning, presumably we’ll find out via a press release in coming days?

The start time is 9.00pm on TEN

5 Likes

These episodes of celebrity are going to be agony at 90min long

1 Like

I am just relieved that they are airing at least an hour worth of Australian content after I’m a Celebrity. I was seriously questioning what ten were thinking. I still think there should be at least another hour slotted in somewhere.

1 Like

Shark tank must be returning later than usual.
American 8:30 shows have got to go… 24 will flop. This is us won’t be a hit. NCIS past it’s use by date. Pathetic programming from ten as usual.

3 Likes

Well Shark Tank premiered in May last year.

I believe it started later last year, to benefit from the Masterchef lead in, not that it helped the show considering its timeslot was changed a few times. I believe it started on Sundays, moved to Wednesdays and was later swapped into Thursdays. So hopefully this year they treat it a little more kindly.

Ohh right … stand corrected. I know there are others here more obsessed with ten than us.

1 Like

This Is Us is excellent but Ten will screw up the scheduling. US shows just don’t have the impact they used to on commercial tv unfortunately.

4 Likes