General News Events - Coverage Discussion

Did anyone record 7’s?

1 Like

It looks like the ceremony feed, was created by the venue or the state gov. As it was also live streamed on the governments website.

2 Likes

As is normal practice.

Regarding the recent mass shooting in the US at the Covenant school. I have been surprised to see how much and how prominently the media has been playing video of the shooter outside and inside the school walking around with a gun. Then later showing bodycam footage described as “moments before officers cornered Covenant school shooting suspect”.

I thought that this type of vision was considered to be potentially promoting the actions of the shooter and whatever manifesto they had. Potentially inviting copycats etc.

It is more the prominence of the vision and how many times it is shown. I think that if this vision was posted by anyone to YouTube apart form media organisations, it could be taken down.

3 Likes

Should never have been released by the local police department. Disappointing nonetheless to see media sharing it.

7 Likes

And on tonight’s bulletins bodycam footage was shown from officers at the scene “it’s difficult to watch” said one report. One network played audio from the “kill shot/s”. No warnings were given ahead of the reports. Seemed inappropriate for a 6pm viewing time even though classification rules exempt news.

2 Likes

Hard to comment, but that really is one fucked up country captured here.

8 Likes

By-election coverage on ABC News

Antony calls the by-election

3 Likes

Some more.

2 Likes

Interesting that they appear to be using a silhouette of the Brisbane city backdrop, not Melbourne where it was being broadcast from.

For some bizarre reason, they’ve used the Singapore skyline.

8 Likes

Weird. If this was SKY News everyone would be up in arms about how incompetent they are.

Not really. It’s only us media wonks that would really notice.

As I said, a very strange choice.

2 Likes

This will disappoint TV executives

2 Likes

Couple of BTS shots of Aus reporters seen here

(#huluchippendalesdance | TikTok)

1 Like

Sky News had feed from UK earliy this moring.

SBS World News was using France 24

Viewing this morning

3 Likes

Charles Croucher and Davina Smith are hosting a 9 news special of Trump. The Today show ended at 9:43am.

3 Likes

1 Like

Time:

4 Likes

Some coverage of Cyclone Ilsa seen today.

Update:

2 Likes