General News Events - Coverage Discussion

Pretty handy Seven have a couple of long-serving nationally-known/recognised journalists at Melbourne in Amor and Maddern to be able to use today

2 Likes

Pooled coverage - hopefully Seven ditch the unecessary live bug.

No watermark on 10Play

2 Likes

Seven’s live super is enormous, it appears to me anyway, is it normally that bulky? It does look a different colour, similar to Royal coverages in recent years, I’m guessing the colour scheme used for these special events

1 Like

Albo a notable no show at the memorial. Very disappointing for the Australian PM, whoever it is, to be absent from this event.

Yes - the last time they used it during the Queen’s funeral they dropped it part way through.

1 Like

Surely Seven can used a different “live super” in these sorts of sombre occasions.
Ideally, a simple live watermark under the 7/7News.com.au logo would be more than enough.

1 Like

Few sound issues?

Or nothing at all because it doesn’t matter if it says “LIVE” or not? Neither does the local time for something like this.

3 Likes

Must be a late absence for Anthony Albanese.

Andrew Giles is representing the PM.

1 Like

Seven has an obsession with having a live big on their screens. Other networks aren’t that fussed. In todays world, we kind of know from our devices if something is live or not.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Currently watching the live coverage on ABC TV. It has all the graphics from the live streaming.

Seems to me that Seven has its own cameras inside the auditorium, as shown with some of the close up shots.

1 Like

Understandable given they might want alternate angles for news etc.

How did Seven subtitle DC?

All the feeds look the same from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s awful. So many unnecessary distractions on their coverage.

1 Like

Seven left the coverage at 5:33 AEDT. The other networks wrapped up just after with Nine showing highlights.

10:

2 Likes

No way 7 has its own cameras inside.

It’ll be pooled with an OB provider producing the coverage.

3 Likes

Alicia not with TJ. Presumably gone to read the 6pm news.

4 Likes

ONJ state memorial replay for those who didn’t catch it

3 Likes