General News Events - Coverage Discussion

Yikes

1 Like

Pool feed for vision from inside the venue; identical across all networks.

Service ended at 11:30 local time. Networks took the opportunity to show guests leaving plus recap before the Guard of Honour. Seven took a commercial break.

3 Likes

Coverage finishing with flyover on Nine and Seven 12:35pm and 12:37pm

2 Likes

From what I saw Katrina Blowers was appropriate and respectful, and polished.

6 Likes

Former policemen *ohn O’Gorman was a good choice.

1 Like

Also on 6 News

5 Likes

Agree. Very good job indeed.

You don’t always need two hosts either. Nothing wrong with just one, sometimes its better not to have two bouncing off each other. We don’t want opinions, or debates between people, even worse when they start trying to chew time up etc…

3 Likes

I miss the days when there were dedicated programs for the news highlights of the year. Now, we seem to get a splattering of coverage across various shows especially at breakfast and morning and some bulletins. Not sure why these were stopped. Seems like an easy program option to lead out to the 6pm news on New Year’s Eve that would get decent ratings. ABC has a repeat of the Yearly in that slot.

3 Likes

I do miss those year in reviews, last night’s 7:30 was pretty good looking back at stories they’ve covered and so my e of those who’ve passed during 2022.

1 Like

The World in 2022 from ABC News channel, looks back at the events of this year. Fault Lines 2022, hosted by Stan Grant, is also a year in review program of sort.

Both shows are now available on iView but are being repeated on ABC News channel over the next few days.

1 Like

There will be a year in review segment during Seven News Melbourne tonight (Christmas Day).

1 Like

Bad timing or was the camera out of focus the whole interview?

Was there live coverage of the funeral of the neighbour?

ABC Special report on the death of Barbara Walters

4 Likes

Also dead: pope Benedict XVI

ABCs vault of pre-prepared homages has sure been getting a workout lately.

4 Likes

Sky UK is on rolling coverage

1 Like

BBC News UK joins in

1 Like

Sky News have deicided to just switch to the UK feed and go out and party I guess

2 Likes

Benedict XVI does not have a good legacy as pope. It will be interesting to see how truthful the coverage of his death is when covering his history.

No surprise that it is rolling coverage in Italy.

2 Likes