General News Events - Coverage Discussion

Love Trump’s response - “We have a good relationship with North Korea” yet you don’t know if the country’s leader is even alive?

2 Likes

ANZAC Day coverage started at 4:30AM with the Brisbane service. An extremely short service (less than 10 minutes), the premier and RSL reps pissed off quick smart after the wreath laying and playing of the national anthems.

3 Likes

Reports coming in stating Kim Jong Un, Leader of North Korea has died as a result of complications from heart surgery.

As always, verifying news from within North Korea is an extremely difficult task. News from earlier in the week stating he was in hospital is yet to be confirmed, just shows how news in relation to North Korea should always be taken with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

Japanese Media is saying he is in a “vegetative state,” other sources saying he has Coronavirus - so confusing…

2 Likes
6 Likes

Whatever has/has not happened, we will most likely find out in the months ahead. Very hard to extract verified information from North Korea.

2 Likes

Unless it is announced on state television, which IIRC is what happened upon Kim Jong-Il’s death

3 Likes
1 Like

Since the summer bushfires thread has been closed, I will post this here.

This is not the outcome that Celeste Berber or many of the donors are looking for. I reckon the problem is that Celeste didn’t clearly check the beneficiary when she raised the appeal. Now that $50 million raised will stay with the RFS forever, unfortunately.

13 posts were split to a new topic: George Floyd Killing Protests - Coverage

A post was merged into an existing topic: George Floyd Killing Protests - Coverage

Dragon space craft approaching space station now 2 kms away - live coverage

2 Likes

Can 2020 get any worse?

Magnitude 5.5 earthquake has hit Ridgecrest in southern California.

3 Likes

Apparently an aftershock following the Ridgecrest quake on July 4 last year.

4 Likes

what else can go wrong? mass shooting in July, hurricane in August, nuclear disaster in September, second wave in October, war outbreak in November, economic meltdown in December.

3 Likes

Trump re-elected!

9 Likes

Surely not?

1 Like

I for one can seeing it happening. In order to create more riots and civil unrest.

1 Like

I found this article overnight interesting. Are we witnessing the resurgence of the traditional evening news bulletin?

A recent surge in the evening-news audience may lend the people who build the broadcasts new conviction. In a different era, one of TV’s biggest and most stable audiences faithfully tuned in the evening news as a sort of daily ritual. As more people stay at home due to the pandemic, a sense has emerged that the format is serving modern audiences in a similar way. “I think we are seeing a revival with the evening news,” says Bob Schieffer, the longtime CBS News anchor who led both “CBS Evening News” and “Face The Nation” for periods of time. “It’s kind of a touchstone for people.”

4 Likes