GB News Channel

Look at what was shown, it’s a very small studio and office space. Yes it will look better on air, but you can see from the space it isn’t big or very impressive.

Size has nothing to do with the quality of the content. Broadcasters don’t need massive studios anymore, we’ve seen that with Nine downsizing theirs. It’s how you use the space you have to tell the stories that matters most.

1 Like

GB News Launching on Sunday 13th June at 8pm. (5am Monday 14th June in AEST)

4 Likes

Launches this weekend.

1 Like

What a strange promo, just a bunch of random stock images for the first 40 seconds or so.

Nothing says a news channel more than some of the presenters looking like they’re doing a commercial for a show about properties or something.

4 Likes

Reminds me of something BHP would put together :sweat_smile:

Curious to see how the graphics will be.

1 Like

All looks so cheap. Very Frangopoulos right down to the dodgy 80s tag line, Britain’s News Channel (where have we heard that before?). This guy has no creativity.

6 Likes

I got shot down for saying that earlier, but yes, even down to the portable air con. It’s like Sky News Australia 2.0.

5 Likes

I have to agree… visually the on air appearance is very bland and sterile.

1 Like

Suits the channel and its content to a tee.

1 Like

that’s on broken down cardboard boxes!

1 Like

I still don’t get how you can comment on content when the channel hasn’t actually gone live yet and when you physically haven’t sat there watching it.

I mean you could be right, the content could be bad given who is in charge - but I feel as though saying that without it even being on air yet is a bit of a push. The same applies to comments on the set.

7 Likes

Checkout the first monitor!
The text on their supers is HUGE.

2 Likes

The launch program is Sunday 8pm UK time which will be 5am AEST Monday

2 Likes

Kinda surprised Angelos didn’t try to launch a Sky News Australia radio service while he was here in Australia with an Hourly News Service plus syndicated programming. He had the talent and the Producers.

I’m guessing the shareholders at the time (Seven, Nine and BSkyB) weren’t keen.

2 Likes

1 Like

That ticker text is HUGE!

2 Likes
2 Likes