GB News Channel

GB News’ studios in Paddington are starting to take shape. They’ll be the home of Britain’s News Channel, which will share the stories and conversations that matter to you and the people of the United Kingdom.

3 Likes

GB News set to launch on 31 May, according to report

2 Likes

This is clearly going to be FOX News UK.

1 Like

They’re actually going through with this?

Let’s hope it never reaches Aussie shores then.

We need it in the UK. BBC, Sky, ITV and Channel 4 are all
Incapable of holding this useless sleazy government accountable for the COVID crisis and the rest of the rot in UK right wing government. They all drink from the same trough.

Throughout the entire pandemic BBC News has been the mouthpiece of BoJo and clowns airing propaganda like scaremongering news segments and failing to hold him and the conservatives accountable for the disaster for fear of losing their funding Model.

1 Like

I’m interested to see where it lands

From what I understand MSNBC in terms of content and tone and style. Less stuffy then BBC and Sky. Less in bed with the government. Less left might right. More pro UK. Less woke

1 Like

From everything I’ve read about the channel and how it wants to differentiate itself from the BBC & Sky, doubt that it’ll be the case

How is a right leaning channel going to hold a right wing government to account?

Ring leaning media like TalkRadio and The Telegraph rip Bojo and the government a new asshole daily with regards to COVID handling and the mess they created. T BBC, Sky and Channel 4 largely tow the govt line and never question them; reporting the staggering death toll and never questioning why - instead acting as a mouthpiece for the government

It’s the right leaning media that actually grill ministers daily

The day the government gave themselves unprecedented power to hand the power to create new laws to a handful or inside ministers and bypass parliament - ring wing media was up in arms all day / week reporting on the abuse of power and danger of handing law making odd to Bojo and a few of his chums and moving it away from parliament.

The story that affects how 65 million brits have their laws created was burried on BBC (online and tv at 6pm) and treated as a complete non story - as to not upset the government - and instead they lead that day with step free access for wheelchair users on London tube stations - which was the lead story on the national bbc news

That’s one example of the way ring leaning V left leaning media chooses what stories to cover in the UK. It plays out like this daily here

3 Likes

9 Likes

Graphics look awesome, can’t wait for the launch.

Having watched a fair bit of Sky News UK recently - they generally try (even if it is a facade), but you feel like there is a point that they aren’t willing to cross. I’ve seen a couple of interviews with politicians where there’s a real attempt to get an answer to a question but it fizzles out (almost like its an escape from an infinite loop)

It’s unfortunate that holding a Government to account has become a partisan issue rather then being an important element of the 4th estate - its not just in the UK either, its happening here and in the US too

8 Likes

The 3D Union Jack-esque intro is really nice

Studio!

It does look nice can’t wait to watch the first couple hours when it launches.

Some of the Fonts used were the same ones Sky News Australia used a couple of years back. No surprise given that Angelos Frangopolous - who used to be in charged of Sky News Australia - is in charge of GB News.

1 Like

Wow looks super low budget like Ticker.

Nothing is finished and the channel isn’t even on air yet, so I think collectively we should all reserve our judgements and opinions regarding that and content till later.

6 Likes