Games

I am currently an Xbox fan - have an Xbox One console. Find it good, easy to use and has the best controller IMO :slight_smile:. However I am annoyed with what Microsoft has planned - the console that is yet to come out has a vertical shape that seems like a box - looks awful!

The Nintendo Switch - I’ve played on it before, it’s quite a flexible console and very popular. Isn’t too bad in terms of an alternative. Very expensive though.

I’m not exactly a fan of PlayStation consoles, not sure why. Not a fan of the software layout and the controller is fiddly. Although rumours and mock designs of the PS5 look much better than what Xbox is now producing in terms of consoles!

This would be a dream if it was turned into reality

1 Like

Nintendo has had a smart, but frustrating strategy with the Switch. It was really average up until the last 6-12 months as pretty much every first party title was a Wii-U port (often at full RRP, which is total bullshit IMO), but this strategy has easily increased the longevity and value of the console (and no doubt Nintendo’s hardware margins now that it’s over 3 years old and selling on average for MORE than it’s release price).

2 Likes
2 Likes

This event has now been delayed.

2 Likes

PlayStation 5 was officially revealed overnight (June 11).

4 Likes

The design of the console has really surprised me. By far, the PS5 is the most unique mainstream gaming console. Let’s face it, most modern gaming consoles are black rectangles, with some curves to differentiate.

I love it! Although, it’s as if I have seen the design before :thinking:

6 Likes

the PS5 looks like a wifi router

better design than a fridge tho

2 Likes

Also don’t forget the brand new AAA game GTA V: Remastered: Remastered, coming 2021🙄

It’s pretty incredible though. Too think GTA V has become a major draw card across 3 console generations. Let’s just hope “Expanded and Enhanced” means some single player DLC :pray:

we all know they just want us to buy shark cards and do shitty online DLCs. GTA VI would be much welcomed. M, T & F have lived long enough. Here’s hoping they revisit Vice City

1 Like

I suggest that if Rockstar ever do decide to cash in on nostalgia that any game that is branded Vice City or San Andreas will be so in name / setting only - would be very hard to go for an HD remake of such a glitchy, barely functioning mess that is the likes of Vice City / San Andreas.

RC Helicopter mission :cold_sweat:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1293993656119169024?s=20

Followed by

It turns out that Epic Games’ announcement that it was doing an end-around with “Fortnite” to bypass Apple’s App Store 30% “tax” was a gambit to precipitate legal action.

Earlier Thursday, Epic announced a 20% discount for “Fortnite” players who purchase the game’s virtual currency directly from the company, instead of from Apple or Google. After Apple blocked access to “Fortnite” on iOS devices, Epic Games announced that it had filed a lawsuit against the tech giant, accusing Apple of anticompetitive restrictions on mobile device marketplaces.

That lawsuit will set a very interesting precedent.

A lot of apps run similar promos but none of them have quite the same exposure as Epic.

There’s been a lot of chatter comparing this to streaming services like Netflix charging subscriptions externally from the App Store.

This and the recent blocking of Microsoft’s Xcloud service, is not a good look for Apple, especially during this whole antitrust hearings in the US.

1 Like

I’m eagerly awaiting the Xbox Series X, but not sure whether to purchase soon after launch or wait for the second gen model. :thinking:

Microsoft is buying ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks which makes Doom and Fallout among others, for US$7.5 billion.

1 Like
1 Like