Games

Good to see some more games based in Australia.

Now i’m just waiting on Melbourne Tram Simulator!

1 Like

I’d like Melbourne Train Simulator.

The game is just the player sitting at the station platform as they hear about all the cancelled trains :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

V/Line Train Simulator, which is actually just a V/Line Coach Simulator with the occasional train service :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m thinking of purchasing a Nintendo Switch tomorrow, but without any games. I’ll wait a bit until I can afford a game (Zelda), but I’m very tempted to buy the console itself tomorrow. But you can’t do much without games. I always love getting new hardware, but sometimes I never use it.

1 Like

Has anyone here taken the plunge and got a Switch yet? I’m in two minds about it. Does it live up to the hype, or is it just more of a gimmick?

Tried out my friend’s Switch. It was pretty cool, but I think I might wait a little bit before getting my own one.

2 Likes

I was really wanting to get one, but on the list of priorities of things I’ve got to invest hard-earned $$$ in, it’s pretty low on the list. Shelling out $500 for one + Zelda (a game I’ve never really played before) is a big ask. Plus I already have a fairly decent desktop PC which I use for any gaming.

I am however a fan of Mario Kart, so I could see myself buying MK8 Deluxe when it’s released next month on the Switch. Plus, I’ve had friends tell me that Nintendo has in the past slashed the price of its consoles after a year or so to encourage sales, so I’m willing to wait a while for a sale or something to pick it up on the cheap.

Anyone here play Overwatch?

2 Likes

So I went to purchase a Switch at EB Games today, sold out, most of the games sold out as well. Went to Target and Big W, same thing happened there. Then Harvey Norman, they had 1 pair of JOYCONS and 1 copy of Just Dance!

1 Like

I’m going to hold off until MK8 Deluxe comes out. That way, hopefully they’ll have some good bundles (instead of the console separate).

I actually saw a guy on the train the other day playing a Switch!

1 Like

Project Scorpio (the new Xbox) is set to be revealed in about 2 hours by Eurogamer. I think it may just be a Spec reveal. But I hope to see some hardware pics or at least a tease

2 Likes

Has anyone else picked up Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy yet? Or was I the only one to play crash as a child?

Played it as a child. All my mates have got the new one, they say it’s good and fun but that’s mostly because of the nostalgia. Of course, nothing really changed in the story.

I’m still hoping for an all new Crash game soon.

1 Like

This new ones great, but a brand new Crash Adventure would be awesome

1 Like

Is it on PC?

The only time I played that game as a kid was when I visited my uncle’s place on the Sunshine Coast, since my parents were never fans of allowing me to sit in front of my TV playing video games. I had a cool uncle.

For now it’s exclusive to PS4, but I daresay it’ll come to other platforms later this year [quote=“matlock, post:35, topic:1945”]
I had a cool uncle.
[/quote]

:joy:

1 Like

Retro

2 Likes

Yesterday Drake and Ninja broke the twitch viewing record as they played Fortnite (along with Travis Scott, JuJu and Kid DotCom). Around 600,000 concurrent viewers.

pretty cool to watch and will probably be a big spike in new users to the site.

Highlights

1 Like

Playing Zelda on my Nintendo Switch right now. I also tested Crash Bandicoot N on Switch and it is not bad.
A bit of nostalgia after almost 15 years after I played it on my PS1.

Of course, there are differences in the graphics, but the style of original game is preserved and I like it.

2 Likes

Just curious - wanted to see what you prefer of the three dominant consoles to this day!
I understand I have revived this chat after quite some time - my intention is to keep some of these chats going :slight_smile:
Can’t believe I haven’t been here before, my name has Gaming in it! :joy:

• Playstation
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Xbox

0 voters

The Nintendo Switch is the biggest comeback story of last decade. The Nintendo Wii U flopped big time, it wasn’t a bad console, it was just viewed as and should have been made an accessory to the original Wii.

Nintendo also had dwindling game sales too, and I believe merch sales were at an all time low as well. I’m not sure how DS/3DS sales were going back then? 2012-16 was a terrible time for any Nintendo fan.

Come 2016/17 with the launch of the Switch, Nintendo has produced a console that some experts believe could eventually overtake sales of the PS2. And that is an enormous deal. The Switch has also outsold the Xbox One, despite launching 3/4 years later.

Switch sales have been through the roof the last few months too thanks to Corona. Most places are out of stock, and when replenished, sells out within the day. This scarcity has driven the price up for second hand switch’s, historically, a second hand console would never resell for the original price. No way. Now, second hand switch’s are selling at, or even surpassing the cost of a new one. Just sold mine for $530

1 Like