Game Of Games

Or even a big drop off over the 90min ep.

1 Like

Dizzy Dash the first game of the show

1 Like

So it wasnt the worst show I’ve watched but I wouldn’t watch it again unless there was nothing else to watch. Its the sort of show that could work nicely on a Saturday though.

1 Like

Have watched it and I find it OK as this is a family-friendly show. Would see ratings go ok for Sunday on TEN @turdall.

There are a lot of complaints on social media that all the contestants were over the top. But apparently from people that were there that’s how producers told people to act.

If you didn’t you weren’t chosen to go on the show.

Unsurprising. People do seem to forget there’s generally a lengthy audition process to get on these game/quiz shows, and because there are so many candidates the producers often will use extreme discretion to make sure they have good contestants.

How many episodes did they produce? US version was kept fairly limited at 8 eps.

The raging married bear as the first contestant a pre-requisite? :joy:

And the second.

It’s a shame they couldn’t get Jeannie or Andy or someone from Ellen’s show to host. And perhaps a once of live event might have been better.

I must be in the minority. I absolutely loved it! Perfect format for grant IMO. But hope it rates as i already cant wait for next week :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Small funny issue - is the game Know or Go substantially unfair?

Of the four contestants the one in position 1 (left of screen) is the most unfair position and the person in position 4 (right of screen) is in the most advantageous position.

Essentially if position 1, 2 and 3 all answer the question incorrectly, position 4 automatically wins without answering any questions.

Everytime they get down to 2 people the left hand person can answer wrong and the second person wins without answering a question.

The rules should be like a tennis match. So if the first person is wrong and the second person is right then the first person is dropped. However if they both right they obviously do another question. I guess if they both wrong they answer again.

2 Likes

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-shows/grant-denyer-hits-back-at-claims-game-of-games-contestants-are-actors/news-story/187b1545489e040747d93adc7c2653b2

Grant said he noticed how extreme the contestants were and even told them to reign it in at one stage.

“We definitely noticed it because Australian contestants aren’t like American contestants, but they were really full on and just gave it 1000 per cent. Some we were a little concerned about,” he joked.

“I just think they wanted to put on the biggest possible show they could and they watched so much American television they thought that’s how you had to act.

“We had a little word to them and just said, ‘It’s OK, you can be yourself, it’s fine. You’re in a safe place.’”

1 Like

Sounds like spin to me

4 Likes

It is. People who attended the tapings of the show have made comments on Facebook that the producers told them to act this way otherwise they wouldn’t be picked to be on the show.

5 Likes

It was definitely acting at the recording I saw. You don’t go from 0 to 100 and back in a few seconds before/after/between your shoots.

Plus, they re-recorded a part of “Tuba Toothpaste” when we were there because not enough “toothpaste” went on the contestants face. The contestant was even more OTT the second time around.

5 Likes

these same games every week are going to get old real quick

I think there are at least three games from the US version yet to be shown on TV here, based on Wikipedia. They are Master Blaster, Scary Go Round, and In Your Face, Honey.

Last week, the 2nd episode that has the Laundry as the Preliminary game was very boring to watch and this saw the red team score 5-0. I am starting to get very annoyed with the contestants screaming over the top

Watching this for the first time tonight.

Who on earth let this go to air? The concept isn’t bad but it is just so over the top, and Denyer is pretty ordinary. He seems to be laughing all the time but nothing is very funny.

Just ghastly execution.

3 Likes

As I said, if they got a decent host (not Denyer) and toned down the whole OTT affair it might’ve had a chance. With luck it will probably stay around 200K but I wouldn’t be surprised if the audience continues to shed to below 200K.

7 Likes