Game Of Games

Could they not film this live?

Don’t like the filming as mentioned above.

And what is up with the “action replays” and cutting to Grant laughing!! Let me guess because they do it on the Ellen version?

Rremove the previews, recaps and let the show breath. It is way OTT. Seriously Australian TV is stuffed if producers keep making cookie cutter renditions like this.

2 Likes

Wow Grant is really short. I never realised how short he was until he walked through the doors.

This is weird.
This round reminds me of It’s A Knockout, Wipeout and former ABC3 show Splatalot combined.
It’s still not the most cringeworthy show on FTA tonight though.

Contestants are way OTT!! It’s actually doing my head in. I don’t mind Grant and the games are fun enough but the contestants are just too much.

1 Like

Why did they have to dress him like Ellen and make him dance like Ellen does?

2 Likes

It reminds me of something that aired on Ten for a couple of weeks back in 1989 minus the slime.

3 Likes

Not even close. More like 1hr 30mins. Appalling scheduling.

What is with this editing? You can clearly see the tuba pole things they are pressing change each shot.

Literally everyone on screen needs to lay off the red cordial, or at least water it down.

8 Likes

Because they couldn’t afford Ellen?

This is painful

2 Likes

The going down the shute concept reminds me of failed Channel Nine game show Shafted, hosted by Red Symonds.
What’s with all of the jumping around like little kids? The show should be sponsored by Cottees.

1 Like

I want to like the show, but it’s so fake and OTT. I know some say this show is supposed to be OTT, but I don’t think this show will appeal to everyone simply because of its OTT nature.

Grant was better than I expected though, less cringeworthy than FF. But the contestants are so fake.

Also too many ad-breaks. Not gonna come back for a while. Hopefully they won’t f**k up Blind Date as well.

3 Likes

The show is fun, but there is too much editing. The previews should be cut too.

1 Like

Hopefully it rates better than 3-400,000.

Sadly not a chance of it rating better than Block. It could outrate All Together Now but neither is any competition IMO.

Nine would probably be laughing their heads off at Seven and Ten’s primetime ‘shows’.

5 Likes

Was that a pilot or is that the finished product?

Most of the games are alright but don’t like the action replays and I think although I understand the OTT nature of an Ellen product, they could tone it down a touch but still be in her vein.

90 mins though way to long, shoulda been under 60/70 minutes with what I saw.

Hope it does alright but I think more likely it’ll drop.

4 Likes

Cant see it doing better than 400-500k. It’s certainly not the show that will save Ten’s Sundays. They need something there that is event TV that will make people want to tune in live. Also the 90 minute running time is ridiculous.

Going by comments on social media even if people did tune in tonight there will be a big drop off next week.