Freeview FV

What market are you in? Regional QLD?

Yup, regional Qld.

That’ll be why. WIN and Southern Cross (Nine) have no catch-up services of their own, while 7 Queensland is a network O&O station.

Renders Freeview hbb redundant outside of the major capitals.

1 Like

Seems petty to me that Freeview does that, as the minus 24 hour EPG on Fetch links the SC Nine, WIN and Prime7 EPGs to the corresponding programs available on 9Now, 10Play and 7Plus.

1 Like

Doesn’t help that WIN and Prime pulled out of the consortium years ago.

The Australia (sic) said that further reasons for Prime’s decision to abandon HbbTV became clear when it emerged that households in Prime’s catchment area, which includes places such as Wagga and Dubbo, would still be able to access dedicated HbbTV channels from the Seven Network when the service launches.

Which would explain why only O&O stations are present on the platform. No presence for community TV either.

1 Like

So the update must have come in overnight and it looks way better but I had to do a re-scan to get 9 and Win back.

The HbbTV update has reached my Samsung smart TV here. The guide is so much better to use than Samsung’s in-built one oddly enough. Plus, the Foxtel-style now and next is handy because Samsung’s one is shoddy.

2 Likes

The new Freeview branding has reached iOS

My Freeview is saying new channel coming soon
Any ideas!

A new channel from Ten.

That’s been there for a while now. It popped up a day after channel 17 went black.

Just updated there app - might want to update the Sunrise Photo l​:rofl::rofl:

And the Studio 10 one too @WATV

I reset my android tv as it was feeling a bit sluggish and I’ve now lost Freeview.

Anyone else get a bit nostalgic with old ads like these? Who remembers them and who can you spot (so many network personalities from all five FTA, multiple cities and in one location) :clock230:

2010:

updated

Also:

2008:

2009:

2012 (my personal fave, sorry about this poor quality version though):

2 Likes