Gecko

As mentioned in the Digital TV are Channel 17 has also appeared as part of the 10 multiplex.

Now on air in Brisbane, Gold Coast, S Sunshine Coast.

Specification are SD 720 x 576 using MPEG 4. Currently only using 750 Mb/s.

Vision is a blank screen.

EPG entry has channel name as TBA : New Channel Launching Soon.

10 Likes

Same in Melbourne. RIP Spree TV?

Wasnt there talk of Paramount launching Pluto tv in Australia? could this be it?

EDIT: Just realised Pluto is more streaming based. my bad

1 Like

Channel showing in Melbourne aswell.

1 Like

Showing in Adelaide too

1 Like

What do you think it could be? Maybe a sports channel?

Interesting.

Shouldn’t 10 improve the line-ups of 10 Shake and 10 Peach first, before launching a new channel though?

5 Likes

Yeah I think so. A bit odd but I guess we wait for promos now.

1 Like

What’s wrong with their line ups? It’s pretty clear. Peach is for comedy and Shake is kids and MTV adult content.

1 Like

This has real Gabbo vibes

10 Likes

They need more first run programming rather than endless repeats of shows (10 Peach in particular).

3 Likes

What is wrong with 10 Peach’s line-up - it is consistently winning its target demographic.

7 Likes

True. I hope this channel isn’t just repeats of Shake/Bold/Peach

2 Likes

Interesting to see a new channel coming so soon. 10 will now have 4 multis, putting it in line with Nine and in front on ABC and Seven.

I assume it will be metro ONLY. It is only SCA who have 10 Shake and CDT who have 10 Bold HD, but the latter’s reason is because they do not have 10 HD.

Lets not get too excited, it could be another Shopping Channel for all we know

21 Likes

There’s no indication it will be a general entertainment channel - could be another shopping datacast channel or heaven forbid Sky News.

15 Likes

10 have been so happy with their success of their new news service “News: Breakfast”, that they have decided to make a brand new News Channel, to go into competition of ABC News (and SBS World News)… Can i said the word “news” any more times…? lol

Jokes aside. It will be interesting to see what comes out of Channel 17.

2 Likes

I was wondering could the skynews channel be entering the metro markets.

Agree… it’s most likely a new shopping channel.

3 Likes

Nah, maybe 10 Bull, a channel of 24/7 Bull repeats :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes