Foxtel

Yep thats right, I noticed I had them unlocked on Saturday :slight_smile:

only a rumor nothing confirmed

This was the source.

1 Like

Yes foxtel movies been free for a week. I tbink they’ve done this before. I don’t subscribe to them on foxtel now but they’ve been showing up all week. Still haven’t watched a movie on it. There’s never anything decent scheduled.

A lot of people there are complaining they can’t access the movies after receiving an email saying they could. Then someone responded:
Did you all read the fine print in the dark section? It says the offer is only available to customers on the new Foxtel pricing structure which started on 3rd November 2014. So if you have been a customer since BEFORE that date (like I have), then we aren’t eligible.

But that is not true. I became a subscriber 14 years ago, when Foxtel was analogue.

that is a hell of a lot of repeats …

For HFC customers, satellite customers have been digital since well technically November 1998 however if you include those customers who were Galaxy (including ECTV/CETV which went on to become AUSTAR) that means as far back as June 1995.

3 Likes

many many times before, does anyone remember the “Unlocked weekend” when someone who case the CA switched off Newscrypt so all you had to do was unplug HFC from the analogue set top box and plug it in (using a F-Type to Male RF adapter) your TV and then scan, all channels were open from Friday at around 8pm till Monday morning at 5am.

That was during the switch over from Pyrmont to North Ryde in 2004.

2 Likes

That’s why the value of the Movies package now lies in it’s on demand library - only problem is the package is still overpriced

3 Likes

I don’t know whether they specifically do it to align but everytime I’ve got free movies seems to line up with some kind of school holidays

2 Likes

yep thats about right Bacco007 as last time they were opened up was September last year during the school holidays

From memory you had to ask Foxtel to move to the new pricing structure - I know of a few people still on old Austar plans

I don’t remember if I moved or not. Maybe I did if it was cheaper.

Does anyone know when the free movies end?

ETA: just saw 19th. Darn want to watch something on 28th.

Dillon Hicks has quit as Foxtel’s head of production to join Sydney media agency The Pulse as its new head of production.

Im surprised no one here has seen this yet…

https://www.channelnews.com.au/foxtel-now-dead-new-4k-uhd-service-coming-cricket-launch/

It has been mentioned in another thread, though I can’t remember which one.

Mention in the cricket topic

I new they were testing 4k but if you wreathe article its more about foxtel scraping foxtel now.

Code named Projected martian. thenew offering which is tipped to not be branded Foxtel, will see 4K Ultra High Definition TV sports streamed to a mobile device, the cost will be $19.95 a month, initially there was suggestions that the service could cost as high as $25 a month. There will also be a new entertainment service.

Foxtel is also expected to announce a new entertainment SVOD service, known internally as Project Jupiter, as part of sweeping changes to its streaming strategy.

Theres more in the article. but it dose come from Channel News so how true it is who knows…

The Channel News article on Foxtel launching 4K streaming is based on the report in yesterday’s Australian Financial Review:

2 Likes

Why Has’nt Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Disney XD and Cartoon Network are’nt in HD Yet? I’ve been Campaigning for Years to get them in HD for No Success.

1 Like