Foxtel

Interesting development.

The problem is people will still associate it with Foxtel.

As much as I personally think Foxtel should make as many of their channels available in HD as possible, does the target demographic(s) of those channels really care about the picture quality?

It’s also worth keeping in mind that the children’s channels were among the last on Foxtel to go widescreen, so it’ll probably be the same with HD.

4 Likes

Hopefully streaming to a 4k tv too. I assume that’s what they meant.

Shame about Foxtel Now. I actually really like it.

how much of the source material is in HD? heck, i doubt alot of the older stuff on cartoon network is even in widescreen.

1 Like

Has it been confirmed they’re getting rid of Now? Is there a date confirmed?
What about the Foxtel Now boxes they sold…

I’ve only ever had Foxtel via Foxtel Now, as a renter it’s been the only way to get Foxtel. Seems like a bunch of lost income to scrap it

1 Like

It hasn’t been confirmed yet but the AFR speculated on Monday that the new services are “expected to supersede” Foxtel Now because it has “failed to gain traction”.

I wish they’d upgrade Foxtel Go. That was promised months ago but still nothing has happened.

2 Likes

Argh. Let’s not give Dave Richards any clicks…

practically every show on Cartoon Network US HD is widescreen

1 Like

agree. foxtel go isn’t even in hd

1 Like

Let’s see if this gets them another handout from the Turnbull govt.

2 Likes

ABC HD has gone missing from my Foxtel.

Im surprised everyone has been so quiet about this…

1 Like

Shall Nicktoons Launch in Australia on Channel 702?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Unsurprising that Newscorp has a glowing report

2 Likes

Wonder what sport they will fill it with after Cricket season? Big games of Footy come from Seven and Nine, who wouldn’t shoot in 4K (Seven wasn’t even shooting AFL in HD till a few years ago).

Formula One is available in 4K though (and I think as an action sport is far more suited to a 4K upgrade then slower paced cricket).

Maybe we’d get Bledisloe in 4K as well next year…

2 Likes

i called up tonight to upgrade an IQ2 to the IQ4. they wanted to make a tech appoitment at $100 and i told them to go jump. they instead offered a self install at $25 which i took

3 Likes