Foxtel

Foxtel is shutting Fox Funny, Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild from March 1st

4 Likes

Its really going to be a situation that Disney content is only available in one location before long isnt it…

6 Likes

Makes sense with Fox Funny, half that content is on Fox 8 or Fox Hits. So much of the same content over multiple channels. Nat Geo makes sense with Disney +

4 Likes

When is MSNBC starting?

Does that mean no comedy channel at all any more?

Wondering if they’ll drop a raft of changes in March now…

No there is Fox Comedy and Fox Funny - Funny is the channel going

1 Like

I could be wrong but i think it is feb 1 but it may only be on NewsFlash.

Great news.

Wonder what will happen with Nat Geo & Nat Geo Wild on Fetch then.

1 Like

Foxtel pretty much sucks now. In recent times they have lost more rights than they have signed.

3 Likes

You can see why Foxtel was so keen on renewing broadcast rights with Warner Bros/HBO, NRL, AFL and most recently Cricket Australia.

4 Likes

I’d say Binge and Kayo are the future of the business at this rate. All the channels are just repeat marathons - no good content. It’s not worth turning on anymore alongside the overpriced subscription fees and rubbish technology they provide for satellite/cable customers.

6 Likes

Okay Foxtel is overpriced, but are you saying that their satellite system & iq 4 & 5 boxes are rubbish?

1 Like

The STB’s themselves aren’t rubbish, but if things keep going the way, they are going they will basically just become very expensive set top boxes with all the streaming apps.

Foxtel is getting desperate at this point.

I jumped onto Telstra live chat, saying I wanted a second box, but im not paying the IQ Box fee ($200) or for activate fee ($34). They came back right away & said they’ll get back to me within 24 hours letting me know if they can approve that request. They did.

I was paying $54/month for basic & sport before, next bill came & it was $44. I looked at the break down & they waived the box fee and activation fee as I asked but charging me $15/month for the box instead of $25 & then it says 6 month Foxtel discount and so yeah the total bill for the month is now $44 haha, I don’t know how or why but ill take it & just wanted to share that.

Foxtel thru Telstra is always the way - there was a period at one stage I had Basic & Sport FREE for 4 years as they stuffed up on their end haha.

March 1st

2 Likes

David Knox says he believes another new channel will replace Fox Funny.

Comedy Central?

1 Like

Not sure if Paramount+ would agree to that one

bloody well hope so. the value for money keeps vanishing with all the channels going - soon it will be like the old galaxy microwave days if it keeps going - 8 channels

2 Likes

Serious question; how is it value for money now? With streaming services and being able to watch when you want and not when a station programs a time, how is it value for money?

I look at the price for Fox and think why would any one keep that service. You could purchase Binge + Kayo and be able to see the same shows, when you want, how you want at a fraction of the costs?

And to say, oh without fox I can’t see FTA channels, they also are all available via streaming now.

For me it doesn’t add up. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes