Foxtel 4K

Foxtel should have used the occassion to announce a second 4K channel so they could show the AFL.

This weekend is a one-off and does not worth another 4K channel.

I wonder if Foxtel have secretly axed showing the A-league GF in 4K
The Foxtel online TV guide has got GWS v Carlton on Foxel 4K which will finishing at 7:30pm. A-league GF is currently scheduled at 5pm on Fox Sports 505 but that could change since being played in Perth

It’s been confirmed tonight that the GF will be in 4K

1 Like

I think that was a obvious one lol

Where was this confirmation, I have been waiting for my EPG to update to reflect this but instead they have sloted a live La Liga game in the timeslot Real Madrid vs Real Betis. I guess carting 4k equipment to Perth was too much of a ask

This was shown at the end of the Sydney v Victory SF on Sunday:

However, judging by the press release published today - it seems like they might have decided to abandon those plans

Yep, Fox Sports confirmed today that the match would not be shown in 4K.

Should production company NEP consider stationing one 4K truck in Perth all year round?

1 Like

I’m seeing quite a few complaints on Twitter about poor quality AFL on Foxtel 4K at the minute. Wonder what’s going on?

3 Likes

Foxtel has revealed that the Australia v New Zealand rugby union doubleheader at Perth’s Optus Stadium next Saturday week (August 10) will be shown live in 4K. The women’s match (Wallaroos v Black Ferns) will air at 4.30pm AEST followed by the Bledisloe Cup men’s clash at 7pm AEST.

1 Like

Last week’s Wallabies home game was also in 4K.

1 Like

i watched the replay when i got home from the game and it looked good.

Foxtel will launch a pop up 4K channel (Channel 499) to show every match of this year’s Rugby World Cup.

4 Likes

From Foxtel:

New Foxtel Movie channel line up and launch of Foxtel Movies Ultra HD

On 7th November the new Foxtel Movie Channel line up will launch. This includes the launch of a new Movies Ultra HD channel (a dedicated 24/7 movie channel delivered in Ultra HD)*. Disney Movies will be replaced by Movies Kids, a dedicated movie channel just for kids providing peace of mind for parents. Masterpiece Movies will be rebranded to Movies Drama, the home of powerful and award-winning dramatic films. More Movies will be rebranded to Movies Hits, the place of popular must-see flicks. Movie Greats will be rebranded to Movies Masterpiece. There will also be a shuffle of channel numbers.

*Requires iQ4, compatible 4K TV and Movies + HD packs.

New Foxtel Sports channel line up and FOX Sports Ultra HD

On 7th November the new Foxtel Sports Channel line up will launch. Don’t just watch sport, feel it, with the launch of FOX Sports Ultra HD channel (a dedicated 24/7 sports channel delivered in Ultra HD)^. This will replace channel 4K Ultra HD and see ESPN HD move from channel 508 to 509 and ESPN2 HD from 509 to 510.

^Requires iQ4, compatible 4K TV and Sports + HD packs…

3 Likes

Are they borrowing Sky Sports “Feel It All”?

Great that they are launching new 4k channels, even if they make it difficult for non-4k displays to view it.

So it looks like channel 444 will be split, with separate 4K channels for sport, movies and general entertainment.

1 Like

does this mean foxtel are finally launching more 4k channels?

1 Like

They current have two channels - Foxtel 4k and the popup Rugby 4k channel

Wonder how will Movies Kids and Movies Family be differentiated? They seem like two awfully similar channels

But I mean more permanent 4K channels. Not pop ups. And it sounds like that’s what’s happening