Fox Sports

A post was merged into an existing topic: beIN Sports

It might have gone up 60% but that was from such a small base, the numbers are still well down overall since leaving free to air Tv. Tens ratings this year haven’t improved and have gone backwards, again Mark trying to justify the stupid decision made in sending it all to fox sports. The sport is dying now with Volvo pulling out, Nissan on the brink of pulling out. It will be the Holden cup!

1 Like

Wish we see Fiat, Kia etc join the party. The more the merrier. Don’t like just Ford/Holden dominating V8 Supercars every year.

QUEENSLAND NRL DOUBLE HEADER SET TO STEAL THE SHOW FOR FOX SPORTS

NEW ‘FLYING FOX’ SPIDERCAM TAKES FLIGHT

MATTY JOHNS MAKES FOX SPORTS COMMENTARY DEBUT

MEGAN BARNARD TALKS EXCLUSIVELY TO WAYNE BENNETT IN FIRST SIDELINE APPEARANCE

FOX SPORTS will ensure this Saturday’s Queensland NRL double header is a blockbuster on and off the field with new innovations and league legend Matty Johns in the FOX SPORTS commentary box for the first time.
Rugby League fans will be taken closer to the action with FOX SPORTS debuting its brand new ‘Flying Fox’ Spidercam.

Foxtel viewers watching Saturday’s double-header showdown will be provided with more insight and analysis, with the Flying Fox able to deliver the most sophisticated graphical representations of play LIVE for the first time ever in a Rugby League match.

The world first is delivered via technology that provides augmented reality graphics over traditional moving Spidercam aerial shots overlaid on the field of play.

The latest pioneering technology from FOX SPORTS will also be equipped with a microphone delivering live audio from, and around, the playing field for the first time during an NRL match.

The good news keeps coming for NRL fans with league great, Johns, making his FOX SPORTS commentary debut joining Andrew Voss and Greg Alexander behind the mic for Saturday’s Storm v Cowboys clash.
The much loved Friday Night FOOTY on FOX and Monday Night with Matty Johns host said he was looking forward to getting back into the commentary box.

Johns said: “Im really looking forward to the game and the opportunity to call for the first time in seven years and also for the first time with Greg Alexander.

“Im loving hosting the Friday and Monday shows but it will be good to get back into the thick of things in what’s set to be a cracker of a match,” Johns said.

FOX SPORTS Head of Live Sport, Steve Crawley, said: “NRL fans will be blown away by the new graphics. Foxtel viewers will be able to get an added visual glimpse inside the minds of our expert commentators through a whole new layer of augmented on-field and in-game information. From where Johnathan Thurston’s kicks have landed to where the key breaks have been made, viewers will get a whole new picture – literally.

“It’s all about improving the fan experience. The new Flying Fox is the latest in our game changing innovations that will take viewers closer to the action and deliver more insight and analysis.

“Storm and Cowboys fans will also get to hear from one of Rugby League’s most popular personalities with Matty Johns making his FOX SPORTS’ commentary debut on Saturday. Johns is one of the sharpest thinkers in the game, he has the perfect mix of insight delivered with the Matty humour and wit that viewers have come to love,” Crawley said.

FOX SPORTS presenter, Megan Barnard, will also make her first NRL sideline appearance, reporting from Suncorp for Saturday’s double-header.

Barnard who is a Friday Night FOOTY on FOX regular, and NRL Tonight host will interview Broncos’ coach Wayne Bennett live ahead of Game 1.

Barnard: “I’m really looking forward to being at a sold out Suncorp on Saturday for my first time reporting from the sideline. The atmosphere will be electric and with three of the top four teams competing – it’s set to be a showstopper.

“I’ve loved my new role with the NRL team this season, working with the Friday Night FOOTY on FOX crew and on the daily NRL Tonight news bulletin, and this Saturday is another great opportunity for me. I’ll also get to interview Wayne Bennett for the first time which it’s exciting and should provide viewers with some great insight before his Broncos take on Manly,” Barnard said.

FOX SPORTS’ LIVE and EXCLUSIVE coverage of Saturday’s Queensland double header begins at 5pm when Matt Shirvington, Braith Anasta, Mark Gasnier and Lara Pitt combine on Super Saturday live from location to preview all the action.

SAT 14 MAY
2.30pm: Super Saturday
3.00pm: Panthers v Warriors
5.00pm: Super Saturday
5.30pm: Storm v Cowboys
7.30pm: Sea Eagles v Broncos
9.30pm: Super Saturday Full-Time

interesting.

Tremendous coverage by Fox tonight, loving the double header

1 Like

As Dan Ginnane pointed out, they’ve brought finals style coverage to a couple of standard round 10 matches. Their coverage has for the most part been exemplary all season.

2 Likes

I wonder why they’ve ramped up the coverage tonight? Why don’t they do this for all their games.

they have all hands on deck not3 teams in 3 different locations plus a studio. thats 4 sets of graphics, 3 sets of hardware (cameras, mics, trucks) 3 sets of engineers on ground. basically its a lot. here everythings in the one location tonight.

It was a unique situation where Suncorp Stadium hosted two games back-to-back

Double header…I guess easy to create an event around it.

What’s interesting…

AFL has free-to-air with SEVEN on Friday, Saturday (arvo + night) & Sunday.

NRL doesn’t have free-to-air on Saturday (no NINE), so you have to have Foxtel.

I guess that’s been one of Foxtels selling points (‘Super Saturday’) & accounts for some big ratings?

Yet its amazing when you see over 700k (7 + 7Mate) for a SEVEN (free to air) AFL game…

And you have FOX FOOTY getting its biggest ratings for the year so far with 350k+…

YET IT’S NOT EVEN THEIR BROADCAST :joy:

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: beIN Sports

Fox Sports have struck a last minute deal to broadcast the England v Sri Lanka series starting tomorrow night

1 Like

Hooray!

Fox Sports have signed a 4-year agreement to show all cricket played in England by the National Team outside the Ashes

Without access to The Ashes in England, Fox Sports have tried their best to remove English cricket from their schedules. I guess Fox didn’t want to risk another EPL debacle.

I wonder if Fox will reinstate English domestic cricket? (probably not).

1 Like

Fox Sports will lose all rights to netball at the end of the year, with the end of ANZ Championship and the start of the five-year deal with Channel Nine and Telstra.

Some good and bad news for Fox Sports. While they have gained English cricket, they’ve lost Netball to Nine. Step backwards for women’s sport

Will Ten and Fox still televise the International Test Series and Constellation Cup this year? As Fast5 begins after Constellation Cup