Fox Sports

Australia’s Best Male And Female Basketballers Live On Fox Sports

Every NBL game LIVE / WNBL back on TV

The upcoming NBL and WNBL seasons launched this morning and FOX SPORTS, available on Foxtel, will be the home of basketball with the most comprehensive coverage available to Australian fans.

For the first time since 2015, the WNBL will be shown on national television with FOX SPORTS broadcasting every Saturday afternoon game, plus every Finals match LIVE, ad break free during play and in HIGH DEFINITION.

Launching October 5, all eight WNBL teams in the revamped competition will be televised LIVE on FOX SPORTS in the first eight weeks, with a special double-header broadcast in Round 8.

FOX SPORTS will continue its ongoing support of the NBL delivering LIVE, ad break free during play and HIGH DEFINITION coverage of every game, beginning October 5.

Today’s launch comes on the back of FOX SPORTS announcing a new partnership to exclusively broadcast the upcoming men’s and women’s FIBA tournaments delivering more basketball coverage to viewers than ever before.

And with Foxtel’s new streaming service, fans will be able to get instant access to all the coverage and be signed up and streaming the action LIVE within minutes via Foxtel Now.

FOX SPORTS CEO, Patrick Delany, said: “The NBL and WNBL are two of the toughest competitions in the world, featuring some of the most talented athletes in the world.

“The NBL has done a great job at innovating and promoting their competition which is helping basketball reach new heights in Australia. And now with our exciting partnership to put the WNBL back on TV, basketball is set to go from strength to strength.

“The WNBL adds to our already strong line-up of women’s coverage. In 2017 we’ll show more hours, across more codes, reinforcing our commitment to women’s sports.

“It’s a great time for basketball in Australia and FOX SPORTS, on Foxtel, will be the place for fans to follow the action,” Mr Delany said.

BROADCAST SCHEDULE:

The 2017-18 NBL season begins October 5: Every game LIVE, ad-break free during play and in HIGH DEFINITION on FOX SPORTS 503.

The 2017-18 WNBL season begins October 5: Every Saturday 3pm game*, plus Round 8 double-header and all Finals matches LIVE, ad-break free during play and in HIGH DEFINITION on FOX SPORTS 503.

*Round 4 will be a Sunday (October 29) 5.30pm match.

**Round 8 double-header will be played on Saturday (November 25 from 5.30pm)

Fox Sports News have had the same 3 items on their news ticker on the bottom of screen all day today, noting this weekends AFL fixtures and the result from the second BAN v AUS cricket test. It’s as if they don’t care anymore…

That is very lazy. Surely it could have the results from overseas in the past 24 hours, including English Premier League (West Ham v Huddersfield), NFL Monday Night Football, and even Major League Baseball.

Sky runs the place now so it’s just a piece of shit really. Unwatchable these days.

2 Likes

Tony Squires said at the end of tonight’s Back Page Live that a “best of guests” episode will air next Tuesday before the show moves to air on Saturdays starting Oct 7. The first time in recent memory that it’s moved from the Tuesday night slot.

Love the show and hope it continues as normal moving forward and into 2018.

What stupid night to have it on. It rates well on Tuesdays.

Also it first began on Monday nights with the late mike gibson

1 Like

Its moved to Saturday’s so it can be simulcast on One before the 7.50pm A League game.

Is the show Back Page any good?

According to the Foxtel 14 day advance listings, it’s not a simulcast - the show will premiere on One before being repeated on the various Fox Sports channels

Very good show.

2 Likes

surely there will be a case where its simulcast live on Fox Sports and One/Ten. As there will come a time when there is no A-League presiding before it.

Brilliant show, personally probably my favourite show on TV currently. Good discussion, plenty of laughs and a terrific panel too.

I’d be very surprised to see it premiere on One. By the looks of it I’d say it will take this time slot for the remainder of the year - Fox Sports would be crazy not to put it back to Tuesday 7.30pm next year in footy season. It does quite well in the ratings.

In past seasons when that’s happened, Fox has simply aired an extended pregame from 7pm eastern. Whether that would be carried on One/Ten when such a situation occurs instead of The Back Page is unknown

That’s what currently being listed as happening:

All seems very strange, but will just have to wait and see what happens I guess! Looks like it will only be a half hour show too. Gee I really hope they don’t mess around with it too much…

Hmmmm, I find that weird. Not really sure its a step up for The Back Page in all honesty.

4 Likes

My guess is that someone has put the wrong logo on that Guide ie. should be FOX Sports ONE, not “free to air” ONE.

What are you talking about here?

Nope it’s the real deal, checking ONE’s advance guide for next week…

IMG_1116

1 Like

Ah OK!

It will be interesting to see what happens with ad breaks, since Free to air generally has more ad breaks than FOX.